SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#26860 - 05/23/00 10:31 PM XP-50 Midi Lock up...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey there everybody... I have a question regarding the XP-50. I am using the XP-50 with Cakewalk on my home PC. I am using the XP-50 as both the controller and the sound module in my set up. In other words, I am playing the XP-50 into Cakewalk and using the XP-50 for playback. (at least, I'm trying too!) However, when I have both the midi in and out cables connected, my XP-50 freezes. When I just use the midi out, it's fine and when I just use the midi in, it's fine. Is there something I am missing? I should be able to have both connected at the same time right? I'm confused and ANY help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks

#26861 - 05/26/00 12:37 PM Re: XP-50 Midi Lock up...
DK Offline

I don't use cakewalk but it sounds like you need to shut the midi thu off.....

DK.

#26862 - 05/27/00 10:32 PM Re: XP-50 Midi Lock up...
SpamViking Offline

Loc: Vancouver
Dude, I had the same problem with my XP60! Plus a few other problems like the drum track triggering other tracks. Anyways, here's how I do things now: I basically do all my sequencing on the XP60, then I save the song as a midi file onto a floppy. I then import the midi file into Cubase (which is what I'm using), and use the "remix" function. This essentially mixes everything onto tracks as if you recorded it in the program. Then I import my audio tracks, yada, yada yada.
I don't know much aboot Cakewalk, but perhaps some of the features are similar to Cubase & this technique might work. Hope this helps you somewhat

------------------
"Jim, Chekov's got your pants on!"

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online