SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#26879 - 07/30/01 03:10 PM Got a strange Cakewalk, Sound Diver XP-50 problem
Toaster Offline

Loc: Bognor Regis SE England
Hey guys!

Strange things are afoot in the Toaster Household! I have Cakewalk pro audio 8 connected through a midiman USB MIDI interface to an XP-50. When I have the XP in GM mode, cakewalk has no problems communicating with it, I get MIDI in an out, all the prog changes and volumes etc are received fine, and everything is hunky dory!
However, when I change my XP into performance mode, all sorts of weird stuff starts happenin! If I have LOCAL turned ON, the XP hangs notes, repeats notes, and generally gets itself in a right mess, to remedy which I have to turn it off! If I turn LOCAL to OFF, I get nothing at all! Even if I play back a pre-recorded MIDI file, making sure that the Part in the performace is set to receive on the right channel etc!
I'm really not getting anywhere trying to sort this out, so any help from anyone would be MOST helpful!

Thanks in advance,

Toaster

#26880 - 08/01/01 02:48 AM Re: Got a strange Cakewalk, Sound Diver XP-50 problem
Dr. RiPsaw Offline

Your USB midiman is probably the problem. It is known that midi through USB has a bad timing (no SMPTE for example). I think that is the problem, but I'm not sure.
Do you have a soundcard with midiconnector? Try that one with your keyboard. If it does play correctly in performance mode, then you can be sure it's the USB midiman.
Maybe you should look voor a external mididevice which is connected through the parallel port (printerport), like the Egosys Miditerminal: http://egosys.net/eng/MT4140.html

Good luck.

#26881 - 08/01/01 10:51 AM Re: Got a strange Cakewalk, Sound Diver XP-50 problem
Toaster Offline

Loc: Bognor Regis SE England
Hey Doc!

Thanks for your reply! Don't think it is the USB interface, coz it works fine with the XP in GM mode and also works fine with my EX5R that is also connected to it!
this problem gets stranger an stranger!

Toaster

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online