SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#26887 - 12/26/02 06:22 AM Working with Roland XP 30
alphazone Offline

Hey! What do I need, when I make a Patch from scratch?
How do I do it?

Is it possible to select e Patch from Cubasis VST 3.0? Or any of the steinberg products?

Are there links that I can use to get som answers?

#26888 - 12/29/02 11:33 PM Re: Working with Roland XP 30
keyskitten Offline

Loc: Dickinson, Texas, USA
First of all you need a "patch editOR" software program. Try this link:
http://roland.host.sk/

There are several patch editors for the JV/XP series keys/modules there (some are free, some are for money.)

Then you use the software to pick from the base ("raw") waveforms (there should be some type of drop down list in the software that allows you access to these. If you want a printed list of them, check the roland website.) ....so you use these "raw" wave forms within the synth/module to make new patches, ie. maybe you want an orchestral patch, so you write one with a trumpet, a clarinet, the strings section and timpani. (just an example) and then pick the effects that you want (reverb etc.)

For guitar patches, combine different guitar samples, fret noises, pick noise, etc.

The sky is the limit, your imagination can take you anywhere with this technology.

Then you save the "new" patch to your user bank on your board/module, the software will show you how to do that.

Then you can play and record the new patch just like any other patch already on your board/module.

Hope that helps,

Cathy T

[This message has been edited by keyskitten (edited 12-29-2002).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online