SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#27036 - 01/17/01 01:42 PM XV-88 two System Software Questions?
KenDuesenberg Offline

Loc: Cedar Rapids, IA USA
XV-88 Specific Questions::

What is the proceedure used to check the version number of the operating system software on an XV-88? My Alesis has a button pushing sequence to follow to have the synth reveal this information - I would hope Roland also has a method!?

Is there any iformation concerning the 1.05 version of operating system software for the XV-88 posted at Rolandus? I can find no information on what the upgrade addresses - were there problems that have been resolved, enhancements??

Seems kind of strange that Roland would post a latest version of software with no imeadiate or apparent link to obtaining additional information concerning the software.

A while back there was a post from a member who tried the 1.05 software and it left his XV-88 screwed up.

Not sure I want to put software on my XV-88 that appears to be of dubious quality and with no additional information - at least that I have found concerning it.

Thanks for any help offered
KD

#27037 - 01/18/01 07:30 AM Re: XV-88 two System Software Questions?
KeyboardFreak Offline

Not sure I'd want to put something on mine that would mess it up either......... if it works fine as it is now and nothing really annoys you about it, why would you want to upgrade anyway and take that risk??????

Wish I could tell you how to check the version number (I know I saw it somewhere befor)...... I was sure I could find it in my owner's manual. No luck though, sorry.

------------------
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online