SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#27049 - 10/30/01 04:36 AM XP Spares
cadebusy Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
A friend of mine runs the repair dept of a very large music shop in UK. He has just had an XP50 in for repair. The display had gone.
He called Roland UK to order the new part only to be told that Roland do not support or carry spares for XP50 any more. Is this the same for all XP synths .. and if so has anyone got a 3rd party supplier in UK or USA who is now going to be doing spares for these keyboards. Come to think of it .... are there any 3rd party suppliers of spares for all of Rolands older equipment I have S760 which needs an OP1 board

#27050 - 11/08/01 09:32 AM Re: XP Spares
optinone Offline

Loc: St. Cloud, MN USA
My opinion...
Roland sucks, don't even bother with there corporate bullshit. Their instruction manuals don't even tell you the details, there support sux, and they sound like crap! I have an XP-30 and i don't even use it. Its imposible to create a good patch using any roland synth.

#27051 - 11/21/01 03:35 PM Re: XP Spares
drumkeys Offline

Loc: Manasquan,NJ,USA
I agree with all of your criticisms with the exception of the patch sounds. Yes, corporate Roland is shit, and way YES, their manuals are so horribly put togther. I do, however find that they do exhibit some pretty nice patch sounds. Would still love to see a Roland XP-80 manual for dummies but not holding the ol' breath on that one.
Quote:
Originally posted by optinone:
My opinion...
Roland sucks, don't even bother with there corporate bullshit. Their instruction manuals don't even tell you the details, there support sux, and they sound like crap! I have an XP-30 and i don't even use it. Its imposible to create a good patch using any roland synth.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online