SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#27073 - 11/20/01 12:14 PM Re: Newbie Introductions
bluesboy2003 Offline

Loc: Athens, GA, USA
Stalker: Let me get acquainted with my XP first. Also, I don't have any MIDI cables to hookup my synth to my computer. Do you think those cables are essential? I'll take you up on your offer later. :-)

#27074 - 11/20/01 12:53 PM Re: Newbie Introductions
MajorRecords Offline

Loc: ca
What up guys I want to make hip hop beats and i use CUBASIS and roland xp 30
what the best way to make the bass should i leave the CLICK on or off and when i play im off sometimes by a note or two how can you set cubasis to ATOMATICLY fix that.
PEACE!

#27075 - 11/20/01 05:35 PM Re: Newbie Introductions
Stalker Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi Blusboy2003!
No, I don't think that MIDI cables are essential. I only use them for sound editing. The advantage is that You can chance the sounds You want to change. If You load sounds from disc, ALL Your user sounds will be erased and replaced. With this computer-programme I can send a patch to the place I want to have it and store it there. That's a very big advantage!

#27076 - 12/03/01 09:53 PM Re: Newbie Introductions
bluesboy2003 Offline

Loc: Athens, GA, USA
Stalker, stigf, FAEbGBD:
Where'd you guys go!? LOL, don't tell me this forum is dying on me.

#27077 - 12/03/01 10:00 PM Re: Newbie Introductions
Stalker Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi!
Well, I'm still here. But I wrote the last answer, You know, and when noone else answers I think the discussion is over. Maybe I was wrong?

#27078 - 12/03/01 11:10 PM Re: Newbie Introductions
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Things tend to go in spirts around here from time to time. I've been a bit busy of late, plus there seemed to be no moreto discuss. Kinda ran dry for a while I guess.

#27079 - 12/04/01 06:42 AM Re: Newbie Introductions
dnarkosis Offline

Loc: usa
Everyone is meditating and using Transmit Edit to generate the sysex of whatever they're thinking at the moment, the old direct mind-to-MIDI connection.

#27080 - 12/23/01 04:41 PM Re: Newbie Introductions
stillme Offline

Loc: Michigan/US
"One is that I really don't seem to have the passion to become a doctor, even though I thought I wanted to be one. Another is the fact that the degree to which I get excited by music simply overwhelms the degree to which I'm interested in anything else. I have music in my head all day long; the moment I get bored of listening to my Endocrinology teacher ramble on about the physiological effects of aldosterone, I usually start listening to something in my head." -bluesboy

I read your post and those quotes just hit me. You know...that's exactly how I describe it to my fellow employees at Ford. I don't think there's a moment in my life where I'm not listening to music, whether it be in my head, or on the radio. As I tell my friends at work...that job is just a means to get more musical equipment. It isn't my lifelong dream to work on automobiles, that's for sure! Anyway...it's just the first time I've ever heard anyone explain something that I've felt most of my life. You really hit the nail on the head!

-Tracey

#27081 - 12/26/01 02:08 AM Re: Newbie Introductions
anthonyf Offline

Rory(and others),

I too own an XP-50. This webforum is cool. But you should also check out the www.harmony-central.com user forums which are also cool.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

#27082 - 12/26/01 10:49 PM Re: Newbie Introductions
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
I am registered there. A senior member as a matter of fact. I got out of there though when the flame wars broke out and every other word had 4 letters that needn't be put together. Found other forums. I still hop on over there on occasion, but mostly to ask guitar and effects questions. It's gotten a lot better over there lately, but I can only be at so many forums, and that one just rubbed me wrong for a while. I only go there now when I have a specific question.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online