SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#27172 - 06/27/03 06:13 AM AHHH! JV-1080 help! Have gig tonite!!!!!!!!!!
yyzkid Offline

Loc: West Babylon, NY, USA
I need quick help editing a performance on my guitarist's JV1080. The manual is useless considering I only have a few hours to do what I want.

I want to change the patches assigned to User #16 performance. Right now there's a bass/lead split. I need to redesignate the patches---PRA 057 for the left hand and PRC 036 for the right. I also need to know how to modify the split point. I tried screwing around with it but to no avail! I have a gig tonite and I'm F*****ed if I don't figure this out. Thanks in advance!!!!

#27173 - 06/28/03 03:16 AM Re: AHHH! JV-1080 help! Have gig tonite!!!!!!!!!!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Well I have just got back from my own gig and have just read your posting but by now you will have had to handle your gig with whatever patch setup you had available. I hope you managed OK.

Although I haven't used the JV1080 if it is anything like the JV880 you don't have an easy way to set a split other than setting up a performance with 2 patches on the same MIDI channel and then limit the range of each voice to the left and right zones of your keyboard. While this as not as convenient as having a dedicated split function you can do some cool things like have a small zone where the 2 voices overlap. Plus you can split the keyboard into multiple sound zones by doing this to more than 2 sounds in the performance.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 06-28-2003).]

#27174 - 06/30/03 09:18 AM Re: AHHH! JV-1080 help! Have gig tonite!!!!!!!!!!
yyzkid Offline

Loc: West Babylon, NY, USA
Thanks anyway...see my post under "General Discussion" for how it went.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online