SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#27219 - 09/26/02 11:07 PM XP 60 performance mode settings and efx-help!
muse newton Offline

Loc: CO, USA
when in performance mode, how can i mute reverb and/or EFX on some of the parts and not all of them?

#27220 - 09/28/02 03:03 PM Re: XP 60 performance mode settings and efx-help!
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is a very very amateur question. Read the manual...

#27221 - 09/29/02 12:22 PM Re: XP 60 performance mode settings and efx-help!
MJB Offline

Loc: London, England
What a pompous and unfriendly reply.

If only 'experts' like you can use this board, "Boy" from Brazil, then what the hell is the point of it?

Yes, maybe Muse should read the manual, but maybe you should learn some manners.

Muse, I don't know the answer off the top of my head. I've had my XP60 for two years and I think it is the most user-unfriendly machine I have ever used! And the manual is even worse than the one for the Roland VS1680!

I hope someone a little more human than our friend from Brazil gives you an answer.

Or maybe he'll realise what a prat he's been and give you the benefit of his great wisdom.

Martin

#27222 - 10/01/02 10:16 PM Re: XP 60 performance mode settings and efx-help!
muse newton Offline

Loc: CO, USA
Thanks MJB. i was rather offended. perhaps i should clarify my question for brasillo boy and others. I am able to mute out certain parts if i turn off the reverb AND efx but I can't seem to do one or the other.
What boards have you used besides the XP Martin? i have the same feelings concerning the xp and almost bought a triton

#27223 - 10/02/02 11:56 AM Re: XP 60 performance mode settings and efx-help!
MJB Offline

Loc: London, England
Hi Muse,

The XP is the only synth I've ever owned. I'm really a guitar and bass player who bought a synth for my home studio. All my recording gear is Rolan (VS1680 and VS880) plus as Roland drum machine and lots of other things. So I thought I'd stick with the devil I know.

What I soon realised is that the XP60 (maybe like all synths) is designed for people who already have quite a lot of synthesizer knowledge. If you don't already understand midi channels, parts, performances etc etc it's bloody difficult!

I have to get the manual out just to remind myself how to change time signature from 4/4 to 3/4 - it's ludicrously convoluted!

That's why this site has been so helpful to me. There are some very experienced people on here who are generous with their time for newbies like me (thank goodness!).

Having said all the negatives, the sounds from the thing are fabulous. I have a number of expansion boards and really like them. Once you sort it out, it's a beauty. Just hard to use in my book.

If you want to hear anything I've done with it try www.mp3.com/redbanner . Any synths you hear there will be the XP. On Not for The First Time I used drums sequenced on on the XP using the Bass and Drumm board.

Anyway, I hope one of the very nice experienced guys will pick up this thread and answer your question.

All the best,

Martin

#27224 - 10/08/02 06:01 AM Re: XP 60 performance mode settings and efx-help!
dnarkosis Offline

Loc: usa
Muse:

I've not frequented this board for a while; did anyone answer your question about muting EFX? I'm away from my keyboard just now, but I think you just have to go into the EFX routing page for the part and set your patch routing to MIX, then you bypass the insert EFX entirely. If you want to bypass the reverb/chorus as well, in the same page set your send levels to 0.

I'll check this afternoon (my internet connection is all hosed today) and get back. One way or the other, we'll get your question answered.

Good luck.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online