SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#27269 - 03/26/01 12:34 PM PROBLEMS USING XP-10 AS A CONTROLLER
Tomasfrombuenosaires Offline

Loc: Capital federal, Buenos Aires,...
Hi, my name is Tomás, from Buenos Aires. I have a Roland Xp10 that i want to use as a controller of the Qsr Módule of Alesis, but i´m having a lot of complications: 1)The xp10 do not send (or the Qsr do not recive) velocity messages, this problem is whit some sounds of Qsr, example: i can play whit velocity some Strings sounds of Qsr but not the organs. 2) I would like to use the Volume Slider of the Xp10 to control the volume on Qsr but that Slider do not trasmit anything (or the Qsr is not reciving it). 3)Neither the extra two Sliders who control the cutoff, resonance etc on the xp10, transmit anything to the Qsr.

I´m sending this message to Alesis and To Roland

Please sombady help me

Thanks you very much. Tomás

#27270 - 03/26/01 12:52 PM Re: PROBLEMS USING XP-10 AS A CONTROLLER
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
I doubt the volume control will work, because the main volume control is probably not midi related. No midi message is being sent is my guess. I don't have an xp10, but I wonder if you can hook of a control pedal either to it or to the QSR, and set it up for volume. This way, midi volume messages are being sent. I don't know about the other sliders. Maybe the QSR isn't set up to recognize decay signals and the like.

By the way, how many threads are you going to start aboutt this anyway?

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online