SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#27484 - 01/31/01 11:54 AM New SRX expansion boards !!!
keymann Offline

Loc: San Jose,CA USA
Roland has these new board information up at their UK site http://www.roland.co.uk/namm.htm
SRX-03 Contempory & SRX-04 Super String.

HA! Here we go again, Another Roland's easy money maker - Old Sounds With New Technology! SRX-03 will be an equivalent of the Pop board and the SRX-04 will be a compilation of the string sounds in Orch-1 and 2 boards + Oh hell, the Roland will throw in some samples from their own CD ROM's. Add some spices: New FX; stereo waves; a little twist of the filter and Eg setting and here you go - Easy money & environmental friendly - Recycling form the Old!
More SRX boards will come out over time and Roland will ditch the 5080 with their new XV module (XV-6080?) which has 8 SRX board slots! 16 insert EFX's; 256 MB of RAM! 256 polyphonic and Blah Blah Blah ... Just like the JV1080/2080 marketing scheme. Roland, you are GOOD! hehehe......

------------------
Hooked on Keys...

[This message has been edited by keymann (edited 01-31-2001).]

#27485 - 01/31/01 03:10 PM Re: New SRX expansion boards !!!
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
I don't think they will give us XV-6080 but I was sure that they will release something for strings because they are weak on it now comparing to Korg.

------------------
vic

#27486 - 01/31/01 07:14 PM Re: New SRX expansion boards !!!
keymann Offline

The XV-6080 will come out when there are a bunch os different SRX boards are out there and when people will be looking for the module that can take more board.

Let's go back to the JV/JD era, when the 1080's sales hit the roof, Roland was also shipping a bunch of different SR-JV boards and then they ditched the 1080 with the 2080: More board slots; 3 insert EXF; Cleanner sound(as they quoted #$%^ which is a joke).

History is repeating man! Don't you see ? Roland have been very successful by pulling this marketing trick. They'll keep doing it 'til it's getting old! $%^* HeHe

#27487 - 02/01/01 03:55 AM Re: New SRX expansion boards !!!
Korgasm Offline

Loc: Australia
Id like more info about the pop board please. Might add a better piano and more drum sounds to the XV- that would be nice!!!

#27488 - 02/01/01 07:09 AM Re: New SRX expansion boards !!!
keymann Offline

Korgasm, do you mean the old JV's Pop board or the new SRX Contemporary board? If you mean the old Pop board, you can goto : www.lilchips.com

_________
Hooked on Keys...

#27489 - 02/01/01 09:46 AM Re: New SRX expansion boards !!!
feefer Offline

Loc: XV-5080
Quote:
Originally posted by keymann:
Roland has these new board information up at their UK site http://www.roland.co.uk/namm.htm
SRX-03 Contempory & SRX-04 Super String.

Hi all,

It's not there any more: seems Roland UK 'jumped the gun', releasing product info before it was officially released. Of course, the new SRX cards were NOT announced at NAMM.

Regardless, a big thanks to Roland UK for a glimpse into the future (hope no one gets fired over this breech of protocol).....

Chris

#27490 - 02/23/01 05:52 PM Re: New SRX expansion boards !!!
feefer Offline

Loc: XV-5080
Here's the scoop:

SRX-03 “Contemporary” and SRX-04 “Super Strings” will be added to the SRX series of 64MB expansion boards exclusively developed for Roland XV series synthesizers. Both SRX-03 and SRX-04 feature all new sound sources including stereo sampled waves.

SRX-03 “Contemporary”

SRX-03 (Contemporary) is loaded with 64MB of a wide variety of musical instrument sounds that are essential for today’s pop ensemble music. All new sampled waves were carefully recorded and edited to preserve the natural studio ambient. Combined with the XV series synthesizers, it provides a powerful environment for versatile music composition/performance.

SRX-04 “Super Strings”

SRX-04 “Super Strings” is loaded with 64MB of fine quality orchestral sounds including stereo-sampled waves. Its specialty is all new superb quality strings sounds with various articulations. Those string ensemble sounds are carefully selected and edited from high quality sound sources that are sampled in Eastern Europe. Combined with XV series with their vast polyphony, and extensive synthesis capabilities, SRX-04 will offer the ability to recreate the sound of a real orchestra sound.

#27491 - 02/26/01 02:22 AM Re: New SRX expansion boards !!!
Korgasm Offline

Loc: Australia
So what kind of waveforms will the contemporary board contain- more pianos, guitars, strings, brass, organs guitars, drums etc- sort of like a complement to the waveforms already on board- this board I hope adds a better acoustic piano and more drum sounds.

#27492 - 02/26/01 10:43 PM Re: New SRX expansion boards !!!
jenny23 Offline

So these new boards will only be compatible with xv synths and not the xp series? As far as the existing Orchestral I and II boards which has the most realistic strings? Do they include stereo samples?
Jenny23

#27493 - 02/27/01 07:51 AM Re: New SRX expansion boards !!!
stewart33 Offline

Loc: London, England, UK
Can anyone tell me whether these SRX boards are likely to work on an XP-60 ?!

After much research, I am just in the process of buying one - dont tell me it's already out of f****** date or I might have to do something drastic like jump of this window ledge... >;*)

Alec

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online