Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 12 of 42 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 41 42 >
Topic Options
#276203 - 11/22/09 07:06 PM Re: Where is OS4
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I have asked if you can swap parts from within a style, or to be able to insert parts from another style, and so far it is still unclear exactly what the Audya does.

NO YOU ARE NOT!!! It happen for me to know Ketron arrangers same as i know Korg's and no,
not just Audya but NO Ketron arranger can do that without headache. In Ketron's world to swap
style elements THEY MUST BE the same lengths of Measures and same Time Signature.
Otherwise IT WONT WORK! There is not even a workaround, it will simply not work.

#276204 - 11/22/09 07:13 PM Re: Where is OS4
Nedim Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
[B]So we know on the Audya we can style edit as with other keyboards.
We can not create styles from scratch but we can edit onboard styles.
That we can agree on.

No we cant dude, i am sorry but we cant, i am the DOCTOR for PA series and also for Ketron
stuff, even that EDITING part that you call cant do nothing what it supposed to do as i can
do on a 1500$ KORG PA500. And i repeat again, if you have the facts lets debate them...only
strictly technical and pro language. We'll go step by step and function by function. I might not
be a good musician but ANYTHING i own as far as styles (few hundreds of them) and sounds
(few thousands of them) i created from scratch...0...zero...nada...isn'd that talent too???
Or just playing Piano is talent???

#276205 - 11/22/09 07:34 PM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
It happen for me to know Ketron arrangers same as i know Korg's and no,
not just Audya but NO Ketron arranger can do that without headache. In Ketron's world to swap
style elements THEY MUST BE the same lengths of Measures and same Time Signature.
Otherwise IT WONT WORK! There is not even a workaround, it will simply not work.

Thanks Nedim, for the much needed breath of clarity on the subject of the Audya's style editing/creating (or lack of).

It's hard to believe a $5000 arranger instrument, such as the Audya, lacks what is standard in a $699 Casio Privia.

Astonishing!

#276206 - 11/23/09 02:13 AM Re: Where is OS4
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
No we cant dude, i am sorry but we cant, i am the DOCTOR for PA series and also for Ketron
stuff, even that EDITING part that you call cant do nothing what it supposed to do as i can
do on a 1500$ KORG PA500. And i repeat again, if you have the facts lets debate them...only
strictly technical and pro language. We'll go step by step and function by function. I might not
be a good musician but ANYTHING i own as far as styles (few hundreds of them) and sounds
(few thousands of them) i created from scratch...0...zero...nada...isn'd that talent too???
Or just playing Piano is talent???

If your the Doctor for ketron stuff, I might as well plan for my funeral. Can you say mal-practice suit. , all kidding aside....

Your also not comparing sound quality of the audya vs. the other brands. (which is opinion) but you see ketron from a studio point of view, I see it as a gigging musician. If It was between the korg or ketron, ketron hands down all the time and it doesn't have to be the audya, sd5 sounds just good and the pa2x.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 11-23-2009).]

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 11-23-2009).]

#276207 - 11/23/09 03:35 AM Re: Where is OS4
mc Offline

I believe there is no style creator on the keyboard but they have something for the pc, which can then be transfered to the audya.

This company found a way.
http://www.fcmusica.com/shop/?en_fcmusica-ritmos-brasileiros-para-audya-3.0,206
http://www.fcmusica.com/shop/?en_fcmusica-ritmos-africanos-para-audya-3.0,205

#276208 - 11/23/09 03:38 AM Re: Where is OS4
mc Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Thanks Nedim, for the much needed breath of clarity on the subject of the Audya's style editing/creating (or lack of).

It's hard to believe a $5000 arranger instrument, such as the Audya, lacks what is standard in a $699 Casio Privia.

Astonishing!

It most likely has something to do with the audio portion and why it wasn't included. All other style editing/creating on other keyboards are all midi based.

They released a style software, which is the pattern edit feature on the older models.

#276209 - 11/23/09 04:31 AM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
They released a style software, which is the pattern edit feature on the older models.

This is news to me ?
Your hardly referring to the Style Compiler that was released only 4 weeks ago ?

Have you even looked at that app ? You cannot create anything within that application itself, it's simply a tool for converting midi files to styles. You still have to make the styles elsewhere with a DAW or use some other companies keyboard that actually has a sequencer.

There is no means to modify note data or create note new data within the application. The mixer page functions it has are no different from what's on the keyboard already but that certainly doesn't constitute to anything considered as creating a style.

James

PS: I'm still waiting for you to tell me what Ketron have done that everyone else has borrowed.

#276210 - 11/23/09 04:39 AM Re: Where is OS4
Nedim Offline

Just to confirm what James said:
Style Compiler has nothing to do with creating styles, NOTHING AT ALL! Style Compiler is just
another version of EMC's Style Conversion software which does NOTHING except converting
the styles to Ketron format which are created elsewhere.
And yes, i had a GOOD look at it.
As of now Ketron still doesnt have a Style Creator/Editor on or off the Audya.

#276211 - 11/23/09 05:01 AM Re: Where is OS4
mc Offline

Quote:
Just to confirm what James said:
Style Compiler has nothing to do with creating styles, NOTHING AT ALL! Style Compiler is just
another version of EMC's Style Conversion software which does NOTHING except converting
the styles to Ketron format which are created elsewhere.
And yes, i had a GOOD look at it.
As of now Ketron still doesnt have a Style Creator/Editor on or off the Audya.

That might be the case, FCMUSICA from portugal found a way to create and edit styles.

#276212 - 11/23/09 05:36 AM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by mc:

That might be the case, FCMUSICA from portugal found a way to create and edit styles.

Yeah, they used the compiler and some other manufactures keyboard or a DAW because the Audya doesn't have a Sequencer either.

Page 12 of 42 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 41 42 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online