SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#27738 - 02/24/01 07:00 PM Newbie Question on Roland XP-60 User Patches
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've tried to find an answer to this question in my User's Manual, but it either isn't there or I'm not smart enough to recognize it, so I would greatly appreciate your help.

I've created a new patch or a new performance and then Written it to a User patch or performance area, so they stay there unless I need to overwrite them with another patch or performance.

When I need to overwrite them, how do I save them first so I can "reload" then sometime later if I need them?

Again, thanx 1000000 for any assistance you can provide.

#27739 - 02/25/01 11:15 AM Re: Newbie Question on Roland XP-60 User Patches
MJB Offline

Loc: London, England
The simple answer would be " don't overwrite them!". WHen you create/edit some more new user patches, save them to different user patch numbers/names - thus protecting your first batch.

All the best,

Martin

#27740 - 02/25/01 01:07 PM Re: Newbie Question on Roland XP-60 User Patches
dnarkosis Offline

Loc: usa
You asked:
>>When I need to overwrite them, how do I save them first so I can "reload" then sometime later if I need them?<<

The easiest way would be to transfer the data (of the individual patch or performance) to the onboard sequencer, then save that data as a "song" (.svq file) and calling the song whatever the patch or performance is called. Later you can load the songfile for that patch or performance into your sequencer, play the sequence (which will load the sysex), and have your patch or performance back again. You can save an infinite number or patches or performances "off site," so to speak, as song files. The songs actually contain only the sysex for the patch or performance, not any notes for a real song.

-> Utility -> Transmitting sound settings-- 4 Data Transfer

Source will be either patch or performance TEMP. If you choose User, when you reload the data it will overwrite user memory; if you choose Temp, it will load into Temp. Destination will be "to Seq". Then name the song and save it as Song Only.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online