SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#27773 - 03/16/00 06:59 PM I am taking my xp-30 back if I...............
qtm1 Offline

I have had this thing for 4 days but mypatience is wearing very thin...
I have it connected to the cheap soundcard on my computer but I thought that if I am utilizing the sounds from the synth that the distortion/decay I get when I play it. It sounds like a haunted casio keyboard and according to the manual (lil book about nothing) this particular issue is not addressed. It seems that maybe I need a high powered soundcard/midi interface or something cause the headphones connected the keyboard directly are wonderful. That sounddriver crap doesn't do anything for my.
I am starting to feel that this thing may only be useful with one of those vs-workstations.....somebody please help me what do I need to get my computer to sound like my synth does by itself?

#27774 - 03/16/00 08:53 PM Re: I am taking my xp-30 back if I...............
Paul Ip Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
Sound diver stuff is for your computer to controll your XP30 through MIDI, or your record your songs via MIDI from the XP30 to your computer, not audio recording. Since you said that your XP30 headphone jack output is good, you can also use the headphone jack of XP30 to debug your problem - buy a 1/4" stereo to 1/8" stero cable and connect it between your XP30's headphone jack and line input jack of your sound card, make sure that your XP30's master volume is not too high, adjust it further as necessary. I wonder if you digitized any other stuff before, however, everyone has his/her first few times to learn as he/she goes.

Paul Ip
from Texas

#27775 - 03/18/00 07:02 AM Re: I am taking my xp-30 back if I...............
Arvon45 Offline

Loc: USA
Inputing your Roland through a cheap sound card will make it sound like crap. All PC's have inherent noise signals that WILL interfere with your sound unless you get a pro sound card like a PULSAR with 8 analogue inputs in the back.

Take a look at zzounds for pro sound cards that should help you out.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online