SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#27780 - 05/29/00 03:17 AM jv1080, can i have differnt effects on eatch part
Anonymous
Unregistered

can i have differnt effects on eatch part when i am working in performance on my 1080. As it it now i can only use one type of reverbe on all sounds in performance

------------------

#27781 - 05/29/00 03:21 AM Re: jv1080, can i have differnt effects on eatch part
Cosmic Dreamer Offline

Loc: Hasselt, Limburg, Belgium
Hello,

You can use 1 x reverb, one x chorus and 1 x mfx. I know it's a bit tight but if you would want 2 types of reverb you could use the MFX block (on another part or several other parts) with its own type of reverb algorythm.

CD

#27782 - 05/29/00 06:44 AM Re: jv1080, can i have differnt effects on eatch part
epu Offline

If you learn how to get deep in to programming on your XP, you can reap the benefit of having "Multiple" processors on your instrument.

There is a great Tutorial called the JV/XP FAQ. I don't have the exact address, but you should easily find it on a search engine of some sort. The page colors are light blue and white and have info about the 6A Family (JV 80/90/1000) and the 46 Family (JV1080, 2080, XP 50, etc).

Using the Low Pass, High Pass and PKG Filters, you could simulate an EQ of some sort. Back in the Dark Synth Days (1980s), they used to elongate the [Release] parameter to get a reverb like effect. This isn't too convincing on a great synth like the XP, but it's worth a shot.

If you use the BOOSTER feature, you could get a distortion effect (Set BOOSTER TYPE to "3" or "4" and set the BOOSTER GAIN to a value higher than "0"). You can use the CUTOFF FREQUENCY and RESONANCE parameters to get Auto Wah effects as well.

YOu have to really experiment. There is a lot to be learned about our powerful JV/XPs. Don't even be intimidated by the Triton or new XVs just as yet. Good Luck.

The Infamous EPU

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online