SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#27824 - 02/03/00 01:39 PM Rx one channel per part in XP-80 performance
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is my first post, sorry if it's lengthy...
I am trying to use my XP-80 as the source for the sounds triggered by various soft seq programs like Cakewalk, DP, ProTools...
I have noticed that if I turn the key mode to "layer" in the LOCAL/TX/RX that I can recieve the MIDI, but all the channels play on all the parts. So, I want the metronome sound to be playing on the rhythmn channel(10) and a track of a piano riff or whatever to play on another channel. I have been doing this for awhile and I can't seem to get it to work.
The workaround I have been using is to sequence on the XP-80, save it as a .mid file, edit it in Cakewalk, save & open it on the XP-80 again. Then I use ProTools to record each track individually (with a countoff) and sync them up by hand! I know this has got to be a terrible travesty because I have all the right gear I think, but I can't get them to sync.

All I want is to play a multichannel midi session from a sequencer and have my XP-80 play back the info on only the corresponding
parts in the performance set. I don't even care if i have to configure each sound manually, I just need some help!!

Thanks to whomever comes to my rescue!

Donovan

ps - here is some of the gear that I'm using:
Roland XP-80
Cakewalk (PIII 450mhz, 128 RAM)
Opcode Studio 64XTC
ProTools 24 TDM (Power Computing 266mhz, 64 RAM)
Yamaha 01V
plus all your standard acoustic/electric intsruments, mics, preamps, amplifiers, etc.

#27825 - 02/03/00 03:09 PM Re: Rx one channel per part in XP-80 performance
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Donovan, Set your XP80 to GM mode[ or have GM reset ON], you can set the program changes as you like..Hold down shift and push performance,and you will be in GM mode

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online