SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#27836 - 08/23/00 02:12 PM LA sounds on XP
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello
I have a D-50 that is now far from me. I bought a XP-30 and I tried to recreate the same sounds on it.
It seems to me that the XP is really bad at this, since the samples of saw/sqr are really flat and cold, no warmth. Also I can't get the ring modulator to produce something nice, like that of the D-50 I like so much to make attacks for electric pianos.
Compared to the fat and hot sounds of the D-50, I'm really disappointed by the XP.
The "spectrum" sounds don't distord, they don't have this randomness that make them so nice on D-50.
The non-synth sounds are good though.

I wish Roland could drop their samples and provide the same kind of "non sample-based" source that make the D-50's sounds so powerful.

For now, I just would like some pieces of advice from people how have successfully made some nice ports of D-50 sounds on a XP synth
thank you

Vincent

#27837 - 08/23/00 08:54 PM Re: LA sounds on XP
epu Offline

I don't know if I'm givong the right advice ot not, but why not try out the SRJV-04 expansion board. This is the "Vintage Synth board.

Since you don't like the cold stock samples on the XP, maybe the ones on the Vintage board may be better for you. I've heard lots of good comments about this board. Anyone else here have advice to help this fellow out?

The Infamous EPU.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online