SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#27911 - 01/16/99 12:33 AM Latency Problems with Performances
Patrick Martin Offline

Loc: Bedford, Texas USA
I'm using Cubase VST/24 on PC platform. Have noticed that using certain patches in performances causes severe latency/timing problems. While the MIDI playback might "drag" in one performance, it will be perfectly in time in another performance which transmits/receives on more tracks. Can anyone shed any light on this? Could the effects processing in a performance cause this?

Many thanks in advance,

PM

#27912 - 01/16/99 09:30 PM Re: Latency Problems with Performances
Carlos Carbone Offline

Loc: Panama, Panama, Panama
Try moving notes a few (1,2 or 3) ticks before the beat in some tracks (maybe just one track is enough). This way you don't clog the MIDI "Highway". Remember that the JV/XP uses up tp four oscillators per voice (that equalls to 4 voices per note on). I donīt think the effects processor has anything to dp with it. Also try setting the voice reserve parameters (in the Roland) accordingly to the needs of a particular performance.

#27913 - 01/18/99 04:28 AM Re: Latency Problems with Performances
Roald Offline

Loc: Enschede
It could possibly be your MIDI interface. I've had problems with recording in Cubase, where (with a five track song!) certain tones delayed or totally jammed! Also, you could be out of polyphony (happens quicker than you think, for example with the nice piano patch, which has a long delay!)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online