SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#27958 - 09/23/00 07:01 PM Question: XP-60
sean76 Offline

Loc: Grapevine, Texas, USA
I just got an xp-60. I'm confused by the parts and tracks. Can I only have 16 instruments in a song? That seems like very little. At first I thought I had 16 parts per track. Does a rythm set count as only one part? Or is it multiple parts? If my rythm is taking up 6 parts of a song that doesnt leave much room for anything else.

PLEASE HELP

#27959 - 09/24/00 09:03 AM Re: Question: XP-60
stigf Offline

Loc: Tromsų, Norway
You can only have 16 instruments in a song simultanously, but you can change the instrument on the part whenever yoy want. Each part has a MIDI-channel, and each track can send to any MIDI-channel. But each part can only play one instrument, but as I said, this can be changed using a Program Change MIDI-command. The rythm set can only be played on one part (normally 10). You can not use 2 rythm-sets on the same song. But I guess you can use program change here too.. But I haven't tried that.. Hope this was a little helpful. :-)

StigF

#27960 - 09/24/00 01:40 PM Re: Question: XP-60
Wilkes Offline

Loc: Wilkesboro, NC, USA
Unless you are using each patch in a performance over several octaves or each patch you use is comprised of 3-4 tones, you can make each patch bi-,tri-, or quadri-timbral by strategically mapping each tone to a specific key range. Obviously, you can also make 4-piece drum kits this way. And, if you own an expansion board that has percussion menu patches (HH, B&D, Techno, etc.), using the above method is an easy way to create many-hit drum kits on tracks/parts other than 10.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online