SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#28055 - 03/18/00 01:04 PM HELP!!! XP-80 midi problem...
Fungus Offline

Here's an example:
I've written a song in the XP-80 sequencer.
I want the 10th channel to be played by the XP-80 and the 9th by an external sound module. I set the 10 channel's midi parameters to: Rx ON, Tx OFF, Local ON. I set the 9 channel's midi parameters to: Rx OFF, Tx ON, Local OFF. But then I understand that the parameters have NO EFFECT. The parts are played both by the XP-80 AND the sound module.
Indeed, even if I (for example) set the 1st channel Local OFF, it continues responding to the XP-80 keyboard, and so on.
Changing ANY midi parameters just doesn't work. Everything remains the same.
I've noticed that when I switch to performance "USER01: EasternSplit", which has a layer key mode, changing the part midi parameters WORKS. But if I change the key mode to single, again it doesn't work at all. The only parameters that work are in the SYSTEM settings (Local Sw and Remote Sw), but that's not what I need...

Perhaps the solution is simple, but I just don't know what to do because the manual can't help me. I would appreciate any reply.

#28056 - 03/31/00 04:05 AM Re: HELP!!! XP-80 midi problem...
Anonymous
Unregistered

The way that I do this is to simply turn down the volume of the XP-80 part 9. This does the trick

------------------
Gurkins make nice pets!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online