SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#28073 - 08/24/03 06:45 PM XP-80 Programming Question
ProgBasser Offline

Loc: Akron OH USA
Hi, I am setting up a performance patch, bass on the left, hammond on the right. I've added one last split for the last key on the board, where I'd love to trigger a gong sound. I don't have a gong sound in my user banks but I do have several gong waveforms on my Super SoundSet expansion card.

Is there any way for me to trigger that gong waveform with the key? If not, does anyone know where I might be able to find a decent one (without purchasing another expansion card, hopefully). Additionally, if anyone could give advice on hand rolling my own gong patch, that would be equally fantastic.

Thanks in advance.

#28074 - 08/25/03 06:44 PM Re: XP-80 Programming Question
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Confused. Are you setting up a performance or a patch?

Either way, I don't see the problem. Why can't you just put the gong patch on the last key just as you would put the Bass or the Hamond? How can you have gong waves without a gong in any banks?

What you can do if you are making a performance is create a user patch with your gong wave from the expansion board. Then insert that patch into your user performance on that last key.

Of course the expansion card must be in the keyboard for this to work.

[This message has been edited by FAEbGBD (edited 08-25-2003).]

#28075 - 08/25/03 07:03 PM Re: XP-80 Programming Question
ProgBasser Offline

Sorry I was unclear...

I am putting together a performance. The gong sound is in a rhythm set, no gong banks, unfortunately. What I was wondering is if I can use that last key to trigger the gong sound from the rhythm set. I've tried everything I can think of, including setting the split on the last key to trigger the right rhythm set (MIDI Ch 10), but the key isn't bound to the gong (I get nice high chimes )...and I don't believe it can be moved...

Thanks for your response!

#28076 - 08/26/03 07:00 PM Re: XP-80 Programming Question
FAEbGBD Offline

Still, take my advice from above.
Set up a user patch with the gong sound. There are 128 user patches, surely you can spare one of them. Anyway, take the gong wave from the expansion card and make it a user patch. Then assign that last key in your performance to your new user patch.

#28077 - 08/26/03 07:06 PM Re: XP-80 Programming Question
ProgBasser Offline

Thanks again for your replies

Quote:

take the gong wave from the expansion card and make it a user patch

^^^ That's the question I'm trying to get the answer to. Gong wave is in the Rhythm Set on Super Soundset expansion ... assign to User bank ... How do I do that?? Even using the popular PC editors, you can't get to the waveform to assign it to a user bank...at least not that I've found.

[This message has been edited by ProgBasser (edited 08-26-2003).]

#28078 - 08/27/03 09:28 AM Re: XP-80 Programming Question
FAEbGBD Offline

The gong sound will be accessible to you by pressing F2 on the synthe. There you select what bank you want to get your wave from. Select the expansion card bank.
Then press the down arrow, Scroll through all the waves of the super sound board; find your gong, edit as needed.

#28079 - 08/27/03 12:05 PM Re: XP-80 Programming Question
ProgBasser Offline

Thanks for your replies and patience with a newbie. I managed to get it working just as you said!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online