SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#28161 - 04/08/00 06:24 PM controller
Edgar Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
I don't know if this is the best place to ask, but anyway...

What I am looking for is a control keyboard to power my 1080 - at the moment I'm using a JV30 which I've borrowed anyway... I'm looking for good 'piano' feel, with sounds to complement the roland, so not an XP etc. I'd prefer weighted keys, cos at the moment I'm having to adjust the velocity in my sequencer all the time. 88 keys would be nice, but really the response and ease of playing is most important. And somewhere in the price range of about a Korg N1 - I liked the K2500 until I saw the price tag. I'm also looking at an SL880.

Thanks for any help.

#28162 - 04/08/00 09:34 PM Re: controller
buinu Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA USA
I don't know that a Fatar would be the wisest decision. They do make great assemblies for other manufacturers but are know for corner cutting on their namebrand line. While the K25XS is pricey, asdide form the sound and processing power, there's an abundance of control features that makes it worth the cost.
Also, Kurzweil does have an 88 key "stage performance piano" called the SP88. Guitar Center in Atlanta is selling these new for $699.99. Other than what I've read in the GC flier, I don't have any personal knowledge with the SP so I can't say if it offers as many control options. At that price, it may be worth looking at though.

#28163 - 04/09/00 04:04 AM Re: controller
ss Offline

Loc: Norway
I use a Yamaha S-80 to controll my JV-2080 and EX-5. It works very well, I can recall any patches (or voices) in any bank from the S-80- I also really like the pianofeel on this instrument. And the price is nice as well. The keyboard has only one MIDI out, but it has 4 zones which is perfect for controlling any sound modules.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online