SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#28225 - 10/21/01 04:19 AM XV Series - Do you have one?
Munsie Offline

I have a XV-3080 with the Studio SRX expansion board. If anyone has any links to web sites for end user patches, info, etc. for the XV series please post them here.

Sound wise, this thing is incredible. Compares very well and sometimes outdoes similar patches running through my GigaStudio setup. An expensive but worthy addition to the home studio.

Anyone else using one of these? If so please post your comments, good or bad! Thanks...

#28226 - 10/21/01 07:38 AM Re: XV Series - Do you have one?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I owned a XV5080 for a while.The unit is great. I had it expanded with a 128meg flash card and 128 meg EDO ram, I also had the new series Concert piano board as well as the Vocal board. The sounds are unbeatible[even Kurz and Korg],It is very flexable[you do have to set it up the way you need to use]. I bought it to use with my G1000, but ,a very BIB BUT...the 5080 had timing or processing problems , when trying to do the job[replacing sounds from the G1000 but retaining the control of the G1000. Most notibaly was the slow down of tempo when using EV5 pedal to bring in a color sound...Fran

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online