SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#28244 - 08/26/02 08:35 AM Problems using Changeit!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi

I'm trying to use Changeit! to receive patches etc. from my XP-30.
I can receive the user and temp info but when I try to receive the factory/expansion card info the prog just sits there with byes received at zero.
Is there a value I have to change on the synth to get it to work?
I'm running in Windows XP with the Changeit! Windows 2000 patch.
I've also got the Vintage synth board in slot D but the set-up info in Changeit! matches what I've got on the synth.
I'm a bit new to this so please don't get too tech-y with any replies.

Thanks
Mike Strong

#28245 - 10/16/02 06:29 PM Re: Problems using Changeit!
alower Offline

Loc: Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Quote:
Originally posted by stromce:
Hi

I'm trying to use Changeit! to receive patches etc. from my XP-30.
I can receive the user and temp info but when I try to receive the factory/expansion card info the prog just sits there with byes received at zero.
Is there a value I have to change on the synth to get it to work?
I'm running in Windows XP with the Changeit! Windows 2000 patch.
I've also got the Vintage synth board in slot D but the set-up info in Changeit! matches what I've got on the synth.
I'm a bit new to this so please don't get too tech-y with any replies.

Thanks
Mike Strong

Hello there,

I've got the very same problem with the very same set of equipment! If you ever get an answer, please forward it to me. Meanwhile I am having to do with SoundDiver (the software which came with the XP30 originally), tough I like ChangeIt! much better...

#28246 - 10/20/02 08:17 AM Re: Problems using Changeit!
unicorn Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Greece
You don't mention what version of ChangeIt you use. Mine is a 2.0 version and I experience no problems with SysEx dumps.
One othe point to remember. Many hardware synths (including this one) have a tendency to work at best only when directly connected to the soundcard's MIDI In port. So if you use another hardware instrument (synth/sequencer etc) that stands between the connection line of XP-30 and your PC, then this could cause some communication problems. I agree with alower that ChangeIt is the best editor for this synth.

Just remembered another thing that I experienced when using ChangeIt. When you press a key (either frrom your synth or from the virtual keyboard) the sound that comes from the synth has a strange flanged like hint - this is the same feel when you have Local turned on in a looped setup. The reason for this is that ChangeIt actually triggers the same note by itself twice, so it sounds like you have a bad sounding patch but it's not really happening!

Hope this helps. Cheers!

------------------
Unicorn

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online