SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#28462 - 02/02/01 10:07 AM Need some help with the XV-88...... by tomorrow!
KeyboardFreak Offline

Well... I'll try in here too (it's in the General Discussion forum as well) before I go try to work it out myself. I need to use 2 keyboards to play 2 different sounds from my XV-88. I'm going to use the XV-88 for a piano.... and then use the other one for an organ, a clav, and an e.p. Both of these sounds (piano and organ, piano and e.p., etc.) must, I repeat MUST, be able to be played at once by two different people. I could (if it comes down to it) use the sounds from the other keyboard, but I would really like to have higher quality sounds then a really old Yamaha. If anyone have a Roland XV-88 and knows how (or if) this can be done, please help. Thank you.

------------------
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

#28463 - 02/03/01 12:21 PM Re: Need some help with the XV-88...... by tomorrow!
KeyboardFreak Offline

ACKK!!! It's not working.... and I've got 3 hrs. left, I guess I'll just use the cheesy organ patch on the old Yamaha. I still don't get why it doesn't work....... I tell the XV to have a piano in part 1, on channel 1 and not recieving any midi data (RxSw-Off) and then put an organ on part 2, channel 2 and tell it to recieve data....... no luck though, it still plays piano with the external board........ I guess I'm just hopeless.
If anyone has an XV-88 and can give me an EXACT performance setting (excepting the patches.... I could work that out) that would allow me to play organ on an external keyboard and piano on the XV-88 simultaneously, It would be most appreciated (even if it's late!)

------------------
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

#28464 - 02/03/01 01:27 PM Re: Need some help with the XV-88...... by tomorrow!
Toomy_xp Offline

Loc: Hungary
Try to change the global rx-channel to 2 at the SYSTEM/MIDI/PATCH MIDI.Maybe it`s working but I`m not sure.

Tomi

#28465 - 02/03/01 06:11 PM Re: Need some help with the XV-88...... by tomorrow!
KeyboardFreak Offline

Well.... I figured it out, there was a setting called "remote" that made it use all 16 channels from the external keyboard, that for some reason I hadn't realized what it did. Not like y'all really care but...... here's the pathetic part, the thing we were gonna play at got cancelled.

------------------

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online