SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#28471 - 02/16/99 03:36 AM XP-50 cakewalk playback through user performances
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm having trouble with playing back cakewalk sequences on my XP-50. Everything will play back fine in GM mode except the drums are the only track playing the correct instrument. If I try to use another performance e.g PR-A Pop set 1 it plays some god awful sound resembling big ben in an earthquake. The XP won't change performances and the cakewalk program sometimes locks up (or the whole computer). I suspect that it has to do with sysx but I am kinda new at this so any advise would be great. I have done a complete sysx dump to cakewalk. Here's the specs:
XP-50
P.C. P200MMX
soundblaster 16
two cable in/out to midi port
cakewalk pro audio 8.0

anyone well versed in sysx or with experience with this problem please help. Thnx.

Mark

#28472 - 02/18/99 01:02 AM Re: XP-50 cakewalk playback through user performances
Carlos Carbone Offline

Loc: Panama, Panama, Panama
I have a JV 1080. I have played GM sequences quite fine. Even XG sequences. You have to set the program change switch on in the XP. And also set the receive sys ex data switch on in the XP. Remember to put the XP in GM mode before you load the sequence into Cakewalk 8 (which by the way is the same Sequencer I use).

#28473 - 02/18/99 01:04 AM Re: XP-50 cakewalk playback through user performances
Carlos Carbone Offline

Loc: Panama, Panama, Panama
Something else. If the sequences you are trying to play are not GM or XG I'll guess that you will have to select the sounds one by one manually.

#28474 - 03/03/99 12:42 AM Re: XP-50 cakewalk playback through user performances
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks I've since solved the problem your help was accurate and much appreciated.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online