SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#28495 - 05/03/00 10:01 AM You are all poo poo heads!
epu Offline

I don't care what any of you say. The XV has 128 Polyphony and the XP has 64 notes. Every other synth on the planet uses more oscillators to get better sounds which eats up more polyphony. If you all don't like the fact that each voice may use up to 4 notes of polyphony, then cut out some tones so each voice will use up one note of polyphony.

#28496 - 05/04/00 03:54 AM Re: You are all poo poo heads!
Korgasm Offline

Loc: Australia
Epu-
The JV synthes have up to 64 notes of polyphony that's for sure! But this is cut down to 16 notes when 4 oscillators are used at once in a patch.

When Korgs Trinity came out- I rang Korg and 'spat the dummy' because it had only 32 notes of polyphony! However, a Trinity patch (program) uses only up to 2 oscillators and therefore it is not as much of an issue as what I thought it would be. I settled down quite a bit after stripping down a Trinity and JV1080 down to 1 oscillator and finding out that the Trinity definetly sounded 'better' under this condition! However, I would think differently now if I did the same with an XV synthe.

Fact remains, only Kurzweil K series synthes can claim to have no cutting of polyphony when oscillators are stacked. Therefore a K2500 has 48 voices no matter whether there are 1 or 3 oscillators in a patch (program).

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online