SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12 >
Topic Options
#285287 - 04/18/10 12:53 PM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Donny, I have had zero problems with mine and I've been using it 5-6 nights a week for many months.
I haven't updated to 4.0 yet. I've sort of been waiting on the sounds and styles, but also to see if anyone has problems related to the update.
I have owned almost every arranger ever made, and this one comes closest to satisfying my every need. It sounds like a live band playing, is easy to operate and has been totally stable.
Perfect, oh no, but I certainly don't regret buying it, and only look forward to the improvements yet to come.
A couple of the issues on which non-owners have obsessed are really non-issues to me.
DonM

#285288 - 04/18/10 08:42 PM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
Dnj Offline

Don...thanx for chiming in, coming from you I feel better about the Audya with 3.0.....it's 4.0 that I was concerned about. Maybe I'll have to go to AJ's laboratory again and check one out for myself...
I haven't heard one since I was In Louisiana with you.

#285289 - 04/19/10 09:32 AM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
so now after you installed it are the improvements to your liking and do they make much of a difference to bring the Audya up to the standards everyone was expecting & would lead someone to spend the money to purchase one now.[/B]

It would make difference to few but not to most, to me personally even if OS 15 was
released it is stil the same Amateurish machine lacking many basic things which cant
probably be added by OS, come on, its a 5000$ machine and not even a decent FX processor? Its sad.

#285290 - 04/19/10 09:42 AM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
Nedim Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
Nedim,

Here are your comments after visiting CMC in New York 02/04/2009. I'm just curious what happened ?

...i had a GF from Atlanta...at the time she was 23 and a virgin...sounded great, very DOWN TO EARTH girl, nice, quiet...
promised a lot of things...2 years later she ended up sleeping with 13 guys...thats what happened.

I do not work for Ketron i did not work for Ketron under a contract, i programmed what i programmed and that was it.
Based on what i got from Ketron it wont make me talk differently then i feel about something, as the example given
above...working for someone doesnt mean praising on empty hands. This has nothing to do with CMC or people,
it has to do with a 5000$ machine which cannot deliver what a 1500$ machine can...as someone else said above,
if a company promises its product delivers that doesnt mean the customer will do so or need so. There is no single
machine on the market that i cant sit on it and in few hours figure it all out, i am not showing of, it is just a sad fact
actually for me that i get bored right away with any machine, M3 is the only machine that i am still not bored after
year and a half...everything else has gone and sold...once i started working with Ketron machine right away i knew
there was no fun for me. It was the easiest machine i ever seen to operate, with basic features as start and stop and
change sounds...nothing else to it. If you invited me on a dinner at your house and it sucked that doesnt mean i have
to praise it later on, i will tell it as it is but that is ME and for ME...not for you or someone else. I do not play live, i do not
use the Vocal Harmonizer, nor any Live functions. I am a programmer and thats how i make a living which means i do
not care about certain Live features or in reality nor even how it sounds as long as it gives me the abilities to make it
sound the way i want (which Audya cant do that). My customers and community feel the same, its a different market
and it is people with BIGGER and WEIRDER needs then what the western world need...which also mean no work
and no money for me cuz none of them would buy it...now you understand my frustration...i know you do.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 04-19-2010).]

#285291 - 04/19/10 10:22 AM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
leezone Offline

so Nedim,

basically you have no need for a kick @ss ARRANGER

you have need for a WORKSTATION, computer or keyboard

so just because it doesn't have crazy editing capabilities, or FX capabilities, doesn't mean it sux,

the intent of an arranger is for a live musician, duo, tio,
NOT a programmer like you

#285292 - 04/19/10 10:24 AM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
Nedim Offline

Lee, to a point you are correct but also a lot of customers want the features i want, a lot of
them program their own sounds and styles or at least edit what i programmed and sold to them.

#285293 - 04/19/10 10:30 AM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
leezone Offline

and the fact that Ketron is easy to operate, old school is good in a way as many musicians are not SO computer savvy

#285294 - 04/19/10 10:45 AM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
mc Offline

Loc: New York
That’s a whole lot of back peddling and contradictions compare to what was stated previously. If there are personal issues between Ketron and yourself based on from what I read in your post, it is not helpful to other members when your responses are based on vindictive BS and serve no purpose but to bash Ketron.

#285295 - 04/19/10 11:15 AM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
nedim,

If I was being considered for a job and made glowing remarks about a product that I was invited to see, hear, evaluate and posted those positive comments on a public forum on the internet.

Then after finding out that the job would work out, you start to publically trash the product, I would call that as having poor taste and being unprofessional.

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 04-19-2010).]

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 04-19-2010).]

#285296 - 04/19/10 01:07 PM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
Nedim Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
That’s a whole lot of back peddling and contradictions compare to what was stated previously.

I dont know how good your English is but i dont think you understood anything that
i said above...that exactly was my point of writing that above, explaining the contradictions.

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:

Dan, you are right and i see your point but if your cook was to be tested and then sent
to millions of other homes to cook dinners then i would have to say it sucked.
I know you will appreciate a good comment then but would it be a fair comment?

On the other hand, where do people see ME bashing at Ketron? I never bashed
Ketron in general nor i even BASH Audya it self, i am just stating facts, not opinions.

Page 5 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online