SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#286846 - 05/01/10 10:39 AM PA2X vs Audya comparisons
Bachus Offline

Here are 4 video's that compare these 2 great instruments..

KORG Pa2x Vs KETRON Audya - Salsa & Latin
KORG Pa2x Vs KETRON Audya - Big Band
KORG Pa2x Vs KETRON Audya - Grand Piano
KORG Pa2x Vs KETRON Audya - Tenor Sax

As said two wonderfull instruments side by side, which one is more to your taste?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#286847 - 05/01/10 10:59 AM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
The KORG Pa2X is a clear winner for me by miles.
Sounds way more realistic and the control the sound engine has over the sounds puts the Audya to shame. Audya is more like a basic playback sampler, where the PA2X has full control over the sound.

Just my opinion though.

James

#286848 - 05/01/10 11:07 AM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Finally we agree again James

#286849 - 05/01/10 11:21 AM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
Tonewheeldude Offline

My father took a PA2X in part exchange for an Audya from the musical director of a major venue in the UK. I was very excited to have chance to look at the Korg as I have always been a big Korg fan, but having the two together on the same keyboard rack through the same PA I found the Korg a bit of a dissapointment- mainly becuase of the midi drums. Its beautifully made though. When you have an audya in front of you its so difficult to listen to MIDI drums which are important for me, and the only reason I started to play an arranger again.

The demo's are good - but unless you have the instruments side by side yourself they only tell 10% of the full story.

#286850 - 05/01/10 11:26 AM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
Beakybird Offline

I thought the Audya was much better for Big Band. The Korg was way too thick and sounded synthesized to me. The Audya is more understated and realistic to my ears .. much more. ... Wait, it's a trade, the second Big Band demo, the Korg wins - sounds fantastic. The second BB Audya demo sounds blasee.

Korg gets the edge on the Latin.

The pianos sound equally professional. I prefer the Audya sample because of its warmth. Both fantastic samples, but the Audya is fantastic.

I like the Korg sax more. The Audya sounds good but more like an alto sax. Too razzy for me. I prefer the Yamaha sax BTW.

Thanks for putting this up.

Beakybird

#286851 - 05/01/10 11:31 AM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
No matter how much would one talk about Audio Loops but Korg's Acoustic Guitars kill Audya
in that departement, not just from this demos but in any comparison i've made too...way ahead.

#286852 - 05/01/10 12:59 PM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
There is no doubt the arrangements and demo's are GREAT on both of these machines.

The authenticity and separation of the Instrument's used in these demo's I feel the Audya clearly wins.

The Korg, like the Tyros 3 have a nice balance or blend of the voices used in the styles, however they have a caned sound or a synthesized sound.

I hear a better separation or LIVE sound, more like a real group of musicians playing live on a stage.

If you compare the two closely, you can hear that.

Another way to explain this,the Korg and Yamaha sound as if one microphone was used to record a group of musicians playing live on stage.

The Audya sounds like one microphone was used for EACH musician playing live on stage.

The key here, is the Audya presents a much more REAL reproduction of the instruments and separation of the instruments and a somewhat unbalanced sound.

More like listening to a live band on stage.

This gives the Audya the clear sounding edge over Roland, Korg and Yamaha.

Yes, some of the voices used on these machines are better that others.

However, I feel the total package winner, goes to the Audya!

#286853 - 05/01/10 12:59 PM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
Tonewheeldude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
No matter how much would one talk about Audio Loops but Korg's Acoustic Guitars kill Audya
in that departement, not just from this demos but in any comparison i've made too...way ahead.

In your oppinion of course

#286854 - 05/01/10 01:02 PM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
Tonewheeldude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NiteLife:
The authenticity and separation of the Instrument's used in these demo's I feel the Audya clearly wins......More like listening to a live band on stage.

Thats exactly how I hear the Audya too. Some people prefer the more mixed sound of an organ type instrument where sounds blend to create something new. But for me, from a background of live music and live musicians the Audya is the only instrument I have ever heard that comes close to the sound of a live group of people.

#286855 - 05/01/10 02:31 PM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
Dnj Offline

Funny they left the TYROS3 & G70 out of the mix? First thing I noticed the Audya is huge compared the the Pa2x...& I'll have to say the Korg wins this matchup, but not by much to my ears.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online