SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#29047 - 11/23/03 01:23 PM Saving all settings on XP80
cadebusy Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I have tried saving user patches and performs to floppy as 'sound', which works fine..... it saves the patches etc, but it doesnt save the midi send, pan, TX settings on each perform. It says in the manual that I can save these as 'data file', but I cant find any way of doing that.
Some help would be most welcome.

#29048 - 11/24/03 02:27 PM Re: Saving all settings on XP80
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
I didn't know that saving as an .svd file didn't save everything. That's news. Have you done a save using the 'data transfer' function? Here is a copy of a post Dnarkosis made over a year ago that explains how to do this. I don't know if it will work any better than saving as an .svd. but it might be a new starting point for experimentation anyway.

"On the XP50/60/80, you can save individual perfs, patches, and rhythm sets as sysex in songs in the sequencer, then save the songs to disk. You can have
a whole library of individual patches in "dummy songs."

Until you become familiar with this procedure, it's best to have your patch, performance, or rhythm set in TEMP so it will load back to TEMP. That is, if
you save from USER, it will load back to (write over) USER. So stay with TEMP for now.

-> Utility -> 4. Data Transfer

Source = Perform TEMP, or Patch TEMP, or Rhythm TEMP, whichever you are saving.

Destination = SEQ
= Transmitting DATA to the internal song.

This will transfer the sysex data for the individual perf, patch, or rhythm set to 1:01:01 of the internal song in the sequencer. You can also specify track
or even a pattern(!).

(If you choose Destination = MIDI, it will transfer that sysex data from MIDI out to your software sequencer. Same principle.)

-> Execute.

The sysex for the perf, patch, or rhythm set is now at 1:01:01 in the internal song (go into microscope mode and you can see it).

Now NAME the internal song whatever the name of the perf, patch, or rhythm set is that you just saved, e.g., MyCoolPatch.

Now SAVE the song MyCoolPatch onto disk. Now you have a song called MyCoolPatch.svq.

When you load the song back into the internal sequencer memory and play it, it will "play" the sysex back into TEMP and "deposit" your perf, patch, or rhythm
set there in TEMP. Then you can save it wherever you want in USER.

I hope this helps."

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online