SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#315184 - 02/04/11 07:21 AM This is the youth band at my church
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
I do sound for these great kids. They are touring Azores for two weeks this month. They just recorded this last week. I hope you enjoy it.

Attachments
youth band.mp3 (44 downloads)

#315187 - 02/04/11 07:44 AM Re: This is the youth band at my church [Re: mikey_maestro]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: mikey_maestro
I do sound for these great kids. They are touring Azores for two weeks this month. They just recorded this last week. I hope you enjoy it.

Kids making great music what could be better? smile

Thanks for sharing Mike.

#315491 - 02/06/11 12:38 PM Re: This is the youth band at my church [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... nice Mikey, thnx for posting ... what instruments are they playing? ...

#315498 - 02/06/11 01:28 PM Re: This is the youth band at my church [Re: mikey_maestro]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Mikey, you said ages 13 to 20? Pretty amazing they sound like pros.

I know Mikey is modest, what he doesn't tell you is that the church he belongs to recruited him to sing/play guitar with one of the church bands. He auditioned for them and they initially said, after a month of rehearsals you'll be ready............NOT, after 2 rehearsals he was playing live with them every Sunday and at other services too!

I'm editing because it may have been after 1 rehearsal I don't remember for sure??

Edited by Stephenm52 (02/06/11 01:49 PM)
Edit Reason: Not sure it was 1 or 2 rehearsals.

#315502 - 02/06/11 01:46 PM Re: This is the youth band at my church [Re: mikey_maestro]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Mikey. Great to hear from you on the phone the other day and to hear about your new music venture with your new young guitarist-vocalist partner. Assuming this recording is of him on vocals, he's an impressive singer. I'm looking forward to hearing you guys vocal harmonizing together cool on the Nat King Cole classic "Smile", of which was penned by Charlie Chaplain and first featured in his film "Modern Times". smile

#315526 - 02/06/11 05:03 PM Re: This is the youth band at my church [Re: mikey_maestro]
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
Steve, thank you the compliments.. Your too kind!!! Any ability I may have is strictly a gift. It is not my style to brag. God can take it away as fast as he gave it.

About the band that I posted the mp3 to. They are called re:Connect. Reconnecting man to god through worship.

David is the lead guitar player and singer. He is 20. I'm happy to be working with him in the nursing homes and senior market.
The bass player is 15 been playin 1 year.
The drummer is 18 and been playing 9months
The rhythm guitar player is 14 and has been playing for 1 1/2 years
The keyboardist is 20 and plain 4 years
The back up singers range from 13 - 18

For such a short time playing their instruments I'm very impressed.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online