SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#322319 - 04/19/11 03:42 PM Question for Nigel
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Nigel,

I have the new Wersi Pegasus on order (a 'really something' 76 note keyboard with many new features) and I was wondering whether you have any plans to add this manufacturer to your Arranger Keyboard Forums? I am sure a lot of people would be interested.

Audrey

Edited by Audrey Turner (04/19/11 03:43 PM)
Edit Reason: letter missing from Arranger

#322322 - 04/19/11 04:03 PM Re: Question for Nigel [Re: Audrey Turner]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I would be happy to create a Wersi forum for you. The only reason I hadn't was because there hadn't been any demand for it.

#322343 - 04/19/11 10:38 PM Re: Question for Nigel [Re: Nigel]
Nigel Offline
Admin

It is there now for you Audrey.

#322385 - 04/20/11 10:28 AM Re: Question for Nigel [Re: Audrey Turner]
Tony Deaf Offline

Loc: Staffordshire, England

Hello Audrey,

One jealous Easter Bunny here !!!

See .... PEGASUS WINGS

I used a Wersi 'Starmaker' organ when working on an American Cruise Liner about 20 years ago (I think Klaus Wunderlich had one). I just loved that organ, and have always wished I could afford one of my own.

In the early 'Seventies' in UK you could buy Wersi Kits, to make an organ for yourself, and they sent you all the parts - Valves, Resistors, Capacitors, Keybed, etc. I got half way through one, but got a 12 Month 'residency' gig in Antibes, S.France, and sold it at a terrible loss.

There is a lovely one that supposedly cost 50,000 pounds in the Tower Ballroom at Blackpool, but when I was there last, it was suffering from the internal computer frequently 'crashing'.

I wish you every happiness with the new 'baby', and hope you get a good amplification and speaker system to do it justice!

Kindest regards,

John

#322442 - 04/21/11 12:12 AM Re: Question for Nigel [Re: Audrey Turner]
Audrey Turner Offline

Wow! Thank you very much Nigel. I was only making a suggestion but of course, I am delighted at your quick response. Not knowing anything at all about organs (the new Pegasus has an upper & lower digital organ on Board) I'll need all the help I can get.

John:
I believe there were a few problems a few years ago when Windows 97 was used, but now the whole keyboard has been revamped, (understand Wersi are now using Windows XP) and from playing it at Pakefield, I liked everything I tried eg. The 76 note piano keyboard with some very interesting pianos on it including the Fender Rhodes. This also doubled as an organ which when split, sounded like a traditional organ of which, there are some interesting variations.

There are some very real sounding voices and styles which can be saved on board thus building up a programme or, direct to the hard drive and/or using a USB stick.

You can make an 'easy' recording and then burn it direct to Wave/MP3 using the on board CD/DVD player/recorder.

It also plays Yamaha styles - which is a bonus for me, as I have quite a few now.

The cost for just the keyboard is £2,250 with 'optional' sub woofer and speaker system (similar to that used by the Yamaha Tyros Keyboards), various pedals etc.

The stand was included if ordered at Pakefield. In addition, I ordered the speaker system and the larger foot pedal, which works like an organ pedal in that you 'kick' one side for change of registrations and the other for fill-ins - total cost to me is £2869.00.

To be honest I also liked the Korg PA3X which is also an excellent keyboard and has lots of 'goodies' on board plus a really 'User Friendly' operating system and I was all set to purchase one, until I tried the Wersi Pegasus which for me, felt right. It seemed to suit my style of playing. Both makes had a 76 note keyboard but as the Korg was almost £2,000 dearer, the cost was the deciding factor in the end.

There is a 4-6 week wait for delivery, so will post later when I've had a chance to explore it more.

Audrey

Edited by Audrey Turner (04/21/11 12:16 AM)
Edit Reason: piece left out

#322443 - 04/21/11 12:44 AM Re: Question for Nigel [Re: Audrey Turner]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Audrey I am so looking forward to your reports on the Pegasus when you receive it.

#322457 - 04/21/11 06:09 AM Re: Question for Nigel [Re: Audrey Turner]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Might be an interesting new toy that takes us back to our organ days. I like the looks of the thing.

Does it have weighted keys or are they more like an organ?

Don't know where retail outlets are located in the USA. Believe they are rare here.

#322502 - 04/21/11 03:55 PM Re: Question for Nigel [Re: Audrey Turner]
Audrey Turner Offline

Bob, if you (and anyone else) are interested, below is the web address where all relevant details are shown and are printable. There's also demonstrations of some of the organs and styles. It really is worth taking a look.

www.wersidirect.com

For your further information, it does have Super Articulation and (I quote) "76 Note Keyboard (Semi weighted, Dynamics, After Touch, Multi-Split Keyboard Mode"

Audrey

#322524 - 04/22/11 02:01 AM Re: Question for Nigel [Re: Audrey Turner]
peter b Offline

Loc: nottinghamshire, UK
Hi Audrey
Have been on the wersi direct site and must say I was well impressed. It looks to me to be an excellent value for money alternative to the ridiculously overpriced Tyros 4

Regards
Peter B

#322559 - 04/22/11 03:56 PM Re: Question for Nigel [Re: Audrey Turner]
Audrey Turner Offline

Glad to be of help Peter.

Audrey

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online