SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 35 of 47 < 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 46 47 >
Topic Options
#322794 - 04/25/11 01:12 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: ianmcnll]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
It just seems much simpler to take the G-70...all in one.

Not as many cables, no adaptors...one stand...looks cleaner too.

That's why I prefer to just have the arranger, stand, bench, two speakers.

But, I know what you're after, and if you didn't try it, you'd always wish you did.

I hope it does what you want.

Ian

I don't care if it works or not...Something to do..I don't golf and I am too old (I think) to play basketball anymore.. smile

Yes the G70 is perfect for my solo work, but need to add the LT with the band..

#322808 - 04/25/11 02:29 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Fran Carango]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
..I don't golf and I am too old (I think) to play basketball anymore.. smile

You're too old to play checkers.

smile

chas

#322837 - 04/26/11 12:25 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
technicsgiedrius Offline

Loc: Lithuania / Europe

#322844 - 04/26/11 05:24 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
As Donny already knew..I cancelled the BK-7m (again) a few days ago.....I was considering the Roland VIMA JM-5 instead...Sweetwater was already pre-paid, and all I needed to do is give the go ahead to get one...After reading a couple more post here..one being John's use with his G70, I was thinking about how I wanted to use it (BK7m or thr JM-5)...

Sweetwater was going to cut a check and send it to me if I passed on the JM-5...but I told my sales guy...naaaa, I don't want a check..I want another "toy".....Sooooo it will be shipped out this Thursday..

Breakfast on.. wink

#322845 - 04/26/11 05:26 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
Dnj Offline

$1,099 online
Roland JM5 Do It All Entertainment Module In homes, hotels, lounges, or any entertainment venue, the new VIMA JM-5 is the premiere all-in-one entertainment station. With its high-quality sound engine, the VIMA JM-5 can play and manipulate any file you feed it. But that's only the beginning of what this multifaceted instrument can do. The VIMA JM-5 accepts a wide range of file formats, including SMF, MP3, WAV, MP3+CDG, and VIMA Tunes via USB. Simply play your favorite songs and use the VIMA JM-5 to change tempo and/or key signature to best suit the singers' voices. Plug in a microphone or two, and sing along using the powerful onboard Vocal effects, including Auto Harmony. The VIMA JM-5 can display lyrics and slide-show images to match the music. When using WAV or MP3 files, you can use the Center Cancel function to minimize pre-existing vocals for sing-along fun. You can even record your performances directly to USB and distribute to family and friends. - The VIMA JM-5 benefits from Roland's world-leading synthesizer and audio technology. Its 128-voice sound engine offers plenty of bandwidth and exceptional sound quality. Play SMF, MP3, WAV, MP3+CDG and VIMA Tunes files and build your own custom libraries in your favorite key signatures and tempos. When playing MP3 and WAV files, you can use the VIMA JM-5's Center Cancel feature to minimize pre-existing vocals, making your own instant karaoke/sing-along songs. Live-Performance Ready - The VIMA JM-5 can play back many kinds of music files directly from a connected USB memory or self-powered hard disk. It lets you change key signature and tempo to best suit your voice or performance style. You can prepare playlists of your songs for seamless performance onstage. The playlists can be saved in a USB memory or a self-powered USB hard disk. Amazing Vocal Effects - Two microphone inputs are provided for plugging in your choice of microphones (sold separately). If you choose a condenser mic, phantom power is provided on MIC 1 input. Add some professional polish to your voice with the excellent onboard vocal effects. Lush reverb, legendary Roland Space Echo, and auto-harmony effects are instantly available. Record Your Performance - The VIMA JM-5 lets you record your own performances as audio data (WAV) to a connected USB-memory device or a self-powered USB hard disk. Share your performances with friends and family! - A Max) (1/4" TRS phone type: balanced), MIC2 Jack: XLR type or 1/4" phone type USB connectors: USB Host (data storage), COMPUTER (reception and transmission of MIDI data) MIDI IN/OUT connector: MIDI IN/OUT (V-LINK function) Video output: Composite (PAL or NTSC, selectable) Audio outputs: (L/MONO, R) (1/4" phone type) Other Power supply: 9V DC, supplied AC adaptor Current draw: 700 m - A Included accessories Owner's Manual, AC adaptor, Roland USB Memory M-UF2G, 4 screws (M5 x 8) Options « less

#322846 - 04/26/11 05:28 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Edited by Dnj (04/26/11 05:30 AM)

#322847 - 04/26/11 05:32 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

#322865 - 04/26/11 09:38 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I sent Roland support the following question on the 18th. Today, the 26th I got this email from them.

Question: I use the A-800Pro as a midi controller for my new BK-7m. There seems to be conflicting advice as to how to setup the two of them. I want to use the module with a split keyboard just like you would an E50 or E80. It is unclear if I should select single channel or multiple channels or if I should select master keyboard or digital piano in the setup wizard.

This is Roland Support’s answer.

Based on the information you have provided us, we are unable to determine what the problem might be.
Please contact us at 323-890-3740, and we will be happy to troubleshoot your setup over the phone.

Not much help. Oh yes, and when you actually call that number the main guy for BK-7m support does not have one to play with. He was a super nice guy but did not know the product well enough to really answer questions. He was very honest in saying Roland had not seen fit to supply their support people a module to work with.

Hammer

Edited by hammer (04/26/11 09:41 AM)

#322867 - 04/26/11 09:55 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
I sent Roland support the following question on the 18th. Today, the 26th I got this email from them.

Question: I use the A-800Pro as a midi controller for my new BK-7m. There seems to be conflicting advice as to how to setup the two of them. I want to use the module with a split keyboard just like you would an E50 or E80. It is unclear if I should select single channel or multiple channels or if I should select master keyboard or digital piano in the setup wizard.

This is Roland Support’s answer.

Based on the information you have provided us, we are unable to determine what the problem might be.
Please contact us at 323-890-3740, and we will be happy to troubleshoot your setup over the phone.

Not much help. Oh yes, and when you actually call that number the main guy for BK-7m support does not have one to play with. He was a super nice guy but did not know the product well enough to really answer questions. He was very honest in saying Roland had not seen fit to supply their support people a module to work with.
Hammer

Sorry to hear that Deane......it's very frustrating....personally I would have thrown the Bk7m out the window on the Highway!! mad, I have no patience whatsoever,...that's why I stick to "all in one KB units"...I've had my share of module nightmares in years past and learned my lesson very well. Anyway good luck to you I hope you can figure out your problems soon.

Take Care..

#322875 - 04/26/11 10:51 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Deane, select single channel and let the BK run its midi Wizard. Mine was set up in seconds, and it is similar to yours. The split point is selected on the module, not the controller.
I didn't get a chance to start programming commands from the controller before sending mine for repair or replacement.
DonM

Page 35 of 47 < 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 46 47 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online