SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#323545 - 05/06/11 06:06 AM Igor Kroutoi - popular russian composer (youtube)
Kabinopus Online   content

Loc: Russia
Hi.

I know it’s kinda silly to post videos that you like, however…

Igor Kroutoi is well known Russian composer, but actually people have different feelings for him. He’s also a successful businessman who owns some music companies in Russia. Anyway, speaking about music, he tends to make simple and clear melodies, and he doesn’t like to talk about how he writes them – there’s a rumor that he uses an Yamaha’s arranger keyboard, and I suspect that to be true, since I see no way to compose a song like this one without using a dance style of auto accompaniment.

In this video, that is called “the whole world is love”, we can see his actual wife in a laundry, who asks to make a radio louder, then we see Igor Kroutoi with his actual daughter. A hostess asks Irog “what can you say about music”, and he answers “there’s no point to talk about music. Music is to listen”.

#323711 - 05/08/11 05:55 PM Re: Igor Kroutoi - popular russian composer (youtube) [Re: Kabinopus]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Thanks very much for posting that. I really enjoyed it. A very catchy theme and nicely produced video that has international appeal. It is always fun to see and hear quality music videos from around the world.

#324045 - 05/12/11 09:42 AM Re: Igor Kroutoi - popular russian composer (youtube) [Re: Nigel]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Simple, catchy melody (a little tiring). What impressed me is the production values of the film.

First class work!

Thanks,

Russ

#324082 - 05/12/11 10:35 PM Re: Igor Kroutoi - popular russian composer (youtube) [Re: Kabinopus]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Not silly at all, in fact quite nice, and I'm glad I checked into the bar and found it. Thanks for posting Kabi.

BTW...can you enlighten us on what music stores are like in Russia? Are arranger keyboards as difficult to find and try, as they are here, in the States? Other than guitar center, who carries maybe 2-3 arrangers, that's it for my area.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#324087 - 05/13/11 12:54 AM Re: Igor Kroutoi - popular russian composer (youtube) [Re: Kabinopus]

It’s nice to see replies here.

lahawk It depends on which city we are talking about. In Moscow and St. Petersburg it can be quite okay – there’re a few large stores and most of popular keyboards a presented.

But I live in small town (150000) in 30 miles from Moscow and only recently a music department in shopping center was opened. There are maybe about 20-30 guitars and about 4 keyboards that are Casio CDP-100, Casio CTK-3000, Yamaha PSR-E213 and some Medeli piano. And I’m not sure if this shop is going to last long.

#324089 - 05/13/11 02:21 AM Re: Igor Kroutoi - popular russian composer (youtube) [Re: Kabinopus]

I just remembered another not less impressive video of this artist

To tell the truth some people here get annoyed watching videos like this one because they consider this man to be too self-satisfied.

#324096 - 05/13/11 06:50 AM Re: Igor Kroutoi - popular russian composer (youtube) [Re: Kabinopus]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Quote:
There are maybe about 20-30 guitars and about 4 keyboards that are Casio CDP-100, Casio CTK-3000, Yamaha PSR-E213 and some Medeli piano

Sounds like Guitar Center with very limited arrangers in stock. smirk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online