SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#326237 - 06/09/11 01:43 PM Thoughts on the political threads
WDMcM
Unregistered

For years I had no interest whatsoever in politics. Then Ross Perot came along and I watched every debate just for the humor of it all. The only good thing for me that came out of the Perot days was that I became a little more aware of politics, and other than a handful of politicians, a few of which became president, I don't care for many of them. Left of Right, Republican of Democrat, it really doesn't matter. Most of them are in it for themselves and don't give a crap about what is good for the majority of Americans. The corruption, under the table deals, and the absolutely ridiculous funding that gets hidden inside of hundreds or thousands of pages of text that nobody reads but still votes on is disgraceful. Again I'm talking about both sides. Something has got to happen and it must start at the bottom, meaning the public. People need to realize how they are being led around like they don't know any better and cannot take care of themselves, and stand up, decide what they know is right, not what they are being told is right and make it happen.

I really despise how people takes sides and think that the other side are a bunch of idiots, politicians and public alike. Actually I agree with those folks that there are certainly a bunch of, I won't say idiots, but un-informed, naive, narrow-minded, bull-headed, etc. people out there. Anyone who thinks things are going swell right now is nuts. And anyone who thinks it is bad but puts blame on the past administration, is nuts as well. It's not a single president or any of his staff, it's all of them combined. Not to stereotype, I know there must still be some career politicians who love this country and want nothing more than to see that every American is treated properly. But until the people get together as one and put an end to the corruption it is never going to change.

So Sarah Palin quotes a not so well known aspect of the Paul Revere story, big deal. What about a guy who sends improper pictures and text to women who are not his wife and then out and out lies about doing it on national TV to the public, most of whom don't seem to be totally outraged at the lie. I don't get it.

#326315 - 06/10/11 05:44 PM Re: Thoughts on the political threads [Re: ]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I agree with quite a bit of what you feel. Its why, for the most part, I have no patience for any of the cable programs on the Right or Left. Their isn't to inform, its to demonize the the other party or viewpoint.

Decent people, who don't know any better from either pov, get swept up in all the rhetoric and become emotionally entrenched for their particular side.

For what its worth, I tried to take a middle ground of sorts on the Palin/Paul revere thing and called for Congressman Weiner to resign. There are moderates out there who don't subscribe fully to either party's message...

I feel much less frustrated since I began writing. I'm too busy every day doing research, reading, etc. to get sidetracked by the mainstream media...

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online