SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#326940 - 06/22/11 08:27 AM Problem - KN7000 - Global Settings
Tony Deaf Offline

Loc: Staffordshire, England

Hello Playmates.

We are having real problems with retaining data in our KN7000.

We are setting the EQ and EQ Parameters , then 'EQ On', next setting the 7 footswitch assignments, setting 'On' , then going to Data Protection and 'Save'.

Almost any time we put music or styles by others into the Keyboard, all those settings we saved are changed, and the EQ goes back to 'Flat'.

Yesterday we bought a set of disks from Neil Blake (The complete set of styles for all 101 songs in '101 Hits for Buskers' - Book 1), and on loading each disk (of 5) all the footswitch assignments change.

Do you think this is because those assignments were saved on the keyboard when the styles were originally recorded, or do we have a fault on on our KN7000?

I have not posed this question to my Guru, as he makes all his own styles, and hates 'ready made' ones - Sorry, Bill !!
In this case I felt that we 'lesser mortals' who depend on ready made styles may well have the answer, and have experienced this problem.

Tearing hair out here, so suggestions, please.

Regards,

John

Later Edit .....I Have just rung and had a pleasant chat with Neil, and he agrees with my thoughts, and that is - when anything is saved to Panel Memories, it is a 'Complete Picture' of the Keyboard and its settings, which would include the footswitch assignments on the originating machine. Also - he uses a flat EQ intentionally, as everyones hearing and ideas of EQ are different. This would explain why our keyboard goes back to flat EQ.

Looks like we will be selling our Technics Multi Footswitch Board on Ebay, and using the controls manually, on the keyboard by 'Handraulics' rather than 'Pediraulics' !!

J

Edited by Tony Deaf (06/22/11 08:57 AM)

#326947 - 06/22/11 09:00 AM Re: Problem - KN7000 - Global Settings [Re: Tony Deaf]
peter b Offline

Loc: nottinghamshire, UK
HiJohn
I have just tried my KN7000 with the Busker Heaven loaded and it doesn't change my setting on the EQ.
I.E. I started with on flat and off. Changed it to Radio and ON.
Pressed the 'Set' button and page 2 and swithched the EQ to on.
This setting remained on even when I loaded the 'Busker Heaven' until I put it back to 'flat'
Hope this is of some help.

Regards
Peter B

#326950 - 06/22/11 09:14 AM Re: Problem - KN7000 - Global Settings [Re: peter b]
Tony Deaf Offline

Hi Peter

Thanks for the super-quick response! .... Wondering what 'Page 2' you are referring to - I don't have a page 2 on the EQ Page. Do you mean ... Go to 'Data Protection' where there is also no page 2 ?

Sorry if I am a bit 'goofy' - I am at a funny age, you know !!

Would you like to PM me your Landline No, and take us through it. (My calls are all free 24/7).

Off topic - the 'Busker Heaven' appears to be a great buy, and this is so frustrating !!

Kind regards,

John

#326952 - 06/22/11 09:34 AM Re: Problem - KN7000 - Global Settings [Re: Tony Deaf]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi John,

Have you checked the Panel Memory MODE Settings ?

Press and hold the Blue button in the middle of the Panel Memory circle. When the display changes, Select EXPND MODE and go to Page 2 of 2.

In the Expand Mode, have you turned off the Footswitch and EQ options ???

#326955 - 06/22/11 09:43 AM Re: Problem - KN7000 - Global Settings [Re: Tony Deaf]
peter b Offline

Loc: nottinghamshire, UK
Hi John.
Press and hold the 'Set' button in the middle of the Panel Memories.
This will bring up the 'normal'- 'expand' page. This is where you will find page 2. Press the 'page' button this will take you into page 2 which is the 'Expand Mode Filter' page.
On this page you will see 2 lists of filter settings.
Scroll down the right hand list to the Equaliser and make sure it is set to 'on'
This should now hold that setting.

I will send you my mobile number

Regards
Peter B.

#326958 - 06/22/11 10:04 AM Re: Problem - KN7000 - Global Settings [Re: peter b]
Bill Norrie Offline

IMPORTANT : You also need to have the PANEL MEMORY EXP. FILTER in the Data Protection screen set to 'ON' otherwise the settings will NOT be maintained when loading a file with different settings. This applies to the Footswitch, Equaliser and indeed any other settings within the Expand Mode.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#326960 - 06/22/11 11:03 AM Re: Problem - KN7000 - Global Settings [Re: Bill Norrie]
Tony Deaf Offline

Bill and Peter,

Thank you so very much for the 'destructions'. Sadly at this moment 'herself' is having her nightly Brit-fix - always watches 'Heartbeat', then 'Monarch of the Glen' every evening - we have to educate these Americans ! After that its my turn to watch 'The Apprentice', so that is this evening gone.

I will put your instructions to practical use tomorrow morning, and report back. I hope that others may have learned something too from this thread, my dilemma, and the solution (hopefully!).

Once again - a thousand thanks,

John

#326966 - 06/22/11 12:34 PM Re: Problem - KN7000 - Global Settings [Re: Tony Deaf]
Bill Norrie Offline

No problems John smile I always used to watch these two programs and enjoyed them. Sadly, only repeats available now since their demise frown
Let us know how you get on with the KN7000 Settings......

#326971 - 06/22/11 02:53 PM Re: Problem - KN7000 - Global Settings [Re: Tony Deaf]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello John,

Your problem suggests to me that you haven't 'protected' the footswitch settings.

To do this press the CUSTOMISE button (bottom right of keyboard. It will take you to the Customise Menu where there are several options listed, including DATA PROTECTION. Press this button which will take you to the DATA PROTECTION page where there are further options.

My own KN7 has FOOT CONTROLLER and PANEL MEMORY EXP. FILTER both set to 'ON' and the rest are all set to 'OFF' but I think you will probably need the TOTAL EQUALIZER set to 'ON'

I may have misunderstood your problem, but take a look at this facility, it may be of help to you anyway.

Good luck!

Audrey

#326982 - 06/22/11 06:13 PM Re: Problem - KN7000 - Global Settings [Re: Audrey Turner]
Bill Norrie Offline

.....and that's exactly what I suggested above smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online