SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#327004 - 06/23/11 03:20 AM Re: Problem - KN7000 - Global Settings [Re: Tony Deaf]
Tony Deaf Offline

Loc: Staffordshire, England

Thanks too, Audrey.

Nice to have confirmation of others opinions - in fact - I always ask for a second opinion these days.

Somebody told me I was 'Nuts' last week - I asked my wife for a second opinion and she confirmed it!

Still not got round to getting at the keyboard yet(I have to do all my 'jobs' first!) ... Its 'bin day'
today so have to go out and get that in - then 'Veg prep' for dinner this evening, and I am set to go !!

I think Sunny will be doing the keyboard, but will report back when the settings suggested are done and proven.

Regards

John

#327042 - 06/23/11 11:23 AM Re: Problem - KN7000 - Global Settings [Re: Tony Deaf]
Tony Deaf Offline

Oh Dear, Oh Dear, Oh Dear !!

Peter B and I have just had about an hour on the telephone - both sitting at our KN7000's, and have been together through the required settings, and guess what? !!! Its still the same !!
One clue - If I set it all up as per instructions, load up a style disk, then go to the EQ Page, where the Orange square is lit up and
saying 'on' - as soon as I touch any number on the panel memory ring, it goes to 'Off'. We then tried the same disk on Peters KN7000
and his does the same !!! Hmmmmm - Next idea please !!! I think there is surely a 'glitch' somewhere !!

Kind regards,

John

#327046 - 06/23/11 12:59 PM Re: Problem - KN7000 - Global Settings [Re: Tony Deaf]
peter b Offline

Loc: nottinghamshire, UK
HiJohn

Check your e mail.
I think I have cracked the puzzle.
I re-read the workshop again.

Peter B

#327059 - 06/23/11 02:53 PM Re: Problem - KN7000 - Global Settings [Re: Tony Deaf]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Sorry Bill, I guess I didn't read the posts properly, BUT as the saying goes: "Too much information is better than none"

Hope you're keeping well.

Audrey

#327120 - 06/24/11 08:59 AM Re: Problem - KN7000 - Global Settings [Re: Audrey Turner]
Tony Deaf Offline

Thanks Bill and Peter,

Off-stage, behind the scenes here, they have been helping this old fart with just one remaining functioning brain cell to get my problem sorted.

A couple of posts back Bill wrote ... "In the Expand Mode, have you turned off the Footswitch and EQ options ???"

So where did I get my wires crossed and was sure I had to set them 'ON" ????? That was all the problem was, and what a nightmare !!! In the Army we called it 'Self Inflicted Wounds'.

I am now going for a long lie down in a darkened room !!

Thanks folks,

John

#327159 - 06/24/11 04:25 PM Re: Problem - KN7000 - Global Settings [Re: Tony Deaf]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Glad you got it sorted John.

The Data Protection section is a bit confusing because normally, if you didn't want something to work you would naturally turn it 'off' but in this case you do want your set to work as 'saved' therefore the protection must be 'on' ....

Confused? - so was I, and still am at times.

Audrey

#327205 - 06/25/11 02:00 AM Re: Problem - KN7000 - Global Settings [Re: Audrey Turner]
peter b Offline

Loc: nottinghamshire, UK
Hi.
As I see it, the Data protection is there to protect your own work that you do on the keyboard and to follow this up the expand filters are set also to save your own work.
If you are using and inputting other peoples files then the appropriate filters need to be off if you wish to not change your own set ups e.g. on E.Q and Tempo etc.
And now probably thats more confusing than ever.

Regards
Peter

#327211 - 06/25/11 04:02 AM Re: Problem - KN7000 - Global Settings [Re: Tony Deaf]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Then to confuse things more, you have the Extended Filter that comes into play. It still confuses me.

Bill
For the impaired, could you make a concise general rule ?

#327217 - 06/25/11 06:03 AM Re: Problem - KN7000 - Global Settings [Re: Bernie9]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
OK Bernie smile

Since there seems to be some confusion about the settings in the KN7000 with reference to keeping particular parameter configurations,
when a new file is loaded from Disk or SD Card, maybe the following will help.....

The settings in Panel Memory Expand Mode determine which parameters may be changed, as you select different Panel Memory buttons.
Setting an option to OFF, will prevent any changes being made to the selected Parameter, when you press the P.M. buttons, during playing.
However, when you load a new 'Song' file from Disk or SD, which contains the 'Panel Memory' and/or 'Current Panel' components (which you can see on the LOAD display), the Load operation can overwrite some of the Panel Memory settings, to comply with the settings which were applied, when the Disk or SD card file was originally saved. You may or may not wish this to happen!

To prevent this happening - as in the case in question here, the EQ and Footswitch settings - you need to use the Data Protection facility.
The Data Protection settings are held in 'Flash' memory - similar to that used by the KN7000's 'Custom Memory' and the SD Card - so they will not be affected by power-down. These particular settings will only change if you alter them deliberately - just like the SD Cards and the Custom Memory content.

In short, if you wish to prevent Disk or SD Load operations altering your favourite settings, then set the appropriate 'Data Protection' Options to 'ON', (Press 'Customise' > 'Data Protection' > Select and Set Parameter > Press OK) AND, in the 'Panel Memory Expand Mode', set the options you wish to protect, to 'OFF'

#327244 - 06/25/11 11:38 AM Re: Problem - KN7000 - Global Settings [Re: Tony Deaf]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Thank you Bill
I got it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online