SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#327233 - 06/25/11 10:05 AM My first review
Keeman Offline

Loc: Hoogerheide
The Wing is a pure keyboard, not workstation.
The user can not change a thing about Sounds, Drumkits, Fx regarding the styles, midifiles. Only volume settings, Track on/off are possible.

There are no Panel Memory's, just Total Presets. After loading some User Presets, always the linked style has loading. Loading some Internal Total Presets, style left as it was.

Upper 1, Upper 2 and Lower 1and Lower 2 are separated by one split point.

Midi read / write restricted to Ch1,Ch2,Ch3 (Upper, Lower and Basspedal ). All other channels are blind and deaf.

There is similarity in sounds and styles with Roland, Technics and Yamaha. Styles are clear programmed, and useful.

No Super Articulations, but delightful sound. Drums look like Realdrums, Realbrushes as Tyros4.

76 Keys has fine reacting touch. Whole keyboard looks nice and has strong metal case. The Drawbar system and big display is plain surplus value I think.

My regards,
Kees Wisse

#327366 - 06/26/11 04:37 PM Re: My first review [Re: Keeman]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Kees Wisse,

Whilst I only had an hours demonstration on the Pegasus keyboard, I have downloaded the Manual which is quite self explanatory as there are written instructions coupled with photographic demonstrations.

I realise it isn't a 'workstation' (I think the price reflects that) however, you can still do quite a lot with it. Firstly you can put the split point ANYWHERE on the keyboard which, particularly for left-handed players, is a real bonus.

My understanding is that you CAN 'modify' the styles (I call it 'tweaking') and almost every preset style has several blank files where you can save your sets as a USER Preset. When these spaces are filled up they can be copied/cut/pasted to either a USB stick, CD/DVD or to the Hard Drive direct. The CD/DVD player/recorder can be used to play commercial as well as your own discs. It has two USB connections (for loading/importing, saving/exporting). You can also connect a USB mouse here and in case you're wondering why you would need to, it is because this keyboard can be used with Windows 7, making it much easier to compile and find your own song lists.

Of course, I am nowhere near an expert on this, but I'm beginning to get the picture.
As for in-depth changes, well I don't usually go in for much of that, as I like to play, rather than keep button pushing and I think people like myself is probably what Wersi had in mind when designing the keyboard. Keep it simple eh?

I agree with you about the similarity with Roland, Technics and Yamaha. When the young man was going through the styles, I spotted a Piano Boogie which he allowed me to play and I said immediately, "I've heard that before on my KN7000" and to my surprise he then told me the keyboard also plays Yamaha styles?? As I have a Tyros 4 and quite a few saved styles, this is also a bonus for me.

The only worry is will I be able to play it - my hand isn't much better and still gives me grief.
Grrrh!

Audrey

#327579 - 06/28/11 12:16 PM Re: My first review [Re: Audrey Turner]
Keeman Offline

Loc: Hoogerheide

Hi Audrey

Unpleasant your hand problem.
Hopefully you can find comfort with the wing.
Unfortunately the only way possible to tweak some styles is with Yamaha styles SFF1 format.
After tweaking ( on a PC ) you can import them in the Wing.
Of course they sound less then a Tyros, but usable.
Some button pushing still inevitable.

Kees

#327607 - 06/28/11 04:24 PM Re: My first review [Re: Keeman]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Thanks for your comments on my hand Kees, time will hopefully heal.

I am glad you wrote your comments on the Wersi as you are the only person I know who has any idea what it's like and as I said, I am no expert, so need all the help I can get. You have certainly given me 'food for thought'

Audrey

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online