Howdy, Mr. Perry!!!

Rick Perry officially joins the race, Romney is business as usual, Bachmann promises $2 dollar gas while Huntsman prepares for his last stand...

This week's rankings:

1) Mitt Romney - Romney stays #1 because no one else has really made him sweat just yet. Best organisation and deepest coffers of all the candidates, Romney is staying on message. While newcomer Rick Perry seems to speak his mind freely, Romney is a more polished, more national, more electable candidate. Perry may be more fun to cover right now, but sooner that style catches up with you. Romney may get some grief about his plans to build a much larger home (quadruple the size of his current three thousand square foot home in California in favor of a eleven thousand square foot residence. (Last Ranking: #1)

2) Rick Perry - Welcome to the campaign, Governor. Since the official announcement last weekend, I've heard a lot of expert analysis of Mr. Perry's chances. He's the new shiny thing right now, but there's a lot of chinks in that armor. First off, what works in Texas doesn't necessarily work everywhere else. Secondly, he needs money and lots of it to compete with Romney. There's a boatload of cash on the way, but he's still months behind the man from Massachusetts. Thirdly, he seems to appeal mostly to the Tea Party voter, which is bad news for him. Its bad news because Perry's already got the far right vote locked up. I wonder how many independents watched him over the last week and said, "YES! That's the guy we need..." So far at least, I don't think its very many...(Last Ranking: #3)

Reasonable Conversation Read more...