Have a listen Guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-0W0lwuJzo

Regards

Col

#330616 - 08/18/11 11:08 PM Re: Purple Rain Pa3x [Re: Saswick]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I really liked that...

Tell us more about how you did that...Style file/midi file, effect on vocal...

It totally had the right feel...

I thought your guitar emulation was very good but near the end of it (last 8 bars or so?) it slid back into keyboard riffs...

Nice job...keep it coming, man...

#330617 - 08/19/11 12:14 AM Re: Purple Rain Pa3x [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Hi Bill

I only wish it was me, I can't find a style on the my Pa2x to match.

Kind Regards

Col

#330635 - 08/19/11 01:10 PM Re: Purple Rain Pa3x [Re: Saswick]
124 Offline

I believe this guy builds his own styles. Very good at it, too.

#330636 - 08/19/11 02:57 PM Re: Purple Rain Pa3x [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Bill in Dayton

Tell us more about how you did that...Style file/midi file

Nice sounding performance. The guy simply played the keyboard and sang along to a (commercial?) midi file utilizing the PA3X's vocal harmonizer.
It's obvious because when he's playing the guitar solo and concurrently operating the PB stick with his LH (beginning @ 2:47),
the song's chords continue to change without him having to trigger the changes himself.
I would love to hear this same song performed on the PA3X, but instead, performed in 'auto accompaniment' arranger mode.

#330637 - 08/19/11 03:04 PM Re: Purple Rain Pa3x [Re: Saswick]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The PA3x does have a chord sequencer, are you sure its not just repeating the previous chord sequence that was played.

Bill

#330638 - 08/19/11 03:51 PM Re: Purple Rain Pa3x [Re: Saswick]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
its not a midi file. Its a style the guy wrote himself that works specifically for the Purple Rain song. This is the same guy i tried to persuade Dom from Liontracs to use to custom make styles for the arranger aspect of the Mediastation.

#330640 - 08/19/11 04:32 PM Re: Purple Rain Pa3x [Re: spalding1968]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: spalding1968
its not a midi file. Its a style the guy wrote himself
hi Spaulding:
If an auto accomp. style was used, how do you account for (@ 2:47 and on) this guy's left hand exclusively dedicated to operating the PB stick, and not required to trigger the song's chord changes?
The only way this would be possible in auto accompaniment style mode would be if the PA3X's 'on the fly' chord sequencer feature was utilized.
If this is the case, this video's an impressive demonstration of the PA3X's chord sequencer, and it's ability to 'free up' the player to fully utilize the PB stick on guitar solos etc. cool

The question now is:
Where in the video does it show him actually activating the chord sequencer (into record mode) of which requires him to press 'two buttons' at once, and then later, stop recording and initiate chord sequencer playback.
Where on the PA3X are the chord sequencer function buttons located?
Can anyone verify where on the video it shows the chord sequencer recorder actually being activated, and then later played back?
Thanks. smile

#330642 - 08/19/11 05:03 PM Re: Purple Rain Pa3x [Re: Saswick]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
no thats not the only way scott. Its definately a style. Look closely at 2.34 he presses the autofill button which can be programmed to trigger the next variation up or down. The Korg can have up to 4 Variations . You can see that he checks very shortly after,that the next variation has been triggered. You can programme up to 32 bars in any variation if my memory serves me correct . what he most likely has done is programmed those progression for the end of the song so that they have looped up to the maximum 32 bars and then go back from Bar 1 and start again. He can then solo forever whilst it is looping and if he has programmed up to 32 bars in that variation you wont even realise that the style has been looped or where the loop has ended as he can play nice bass and drum variations within 32 bars adding the illusion of live ness before you even realise that it looped back to Bar 1. Therefore he can do the guitar solo and pitch bends etc to his hearts content. Notice that in his guitar solo he never ventures into the lower register as this is quite possibly because the way he has set the keybaord up, it will recognise chords in the left hand playing area.

Its a technique i use many times so that you can keep the apparent liveness of playing that a true sequenced track cannot allow.

Edited by spalding1968 (08/19/11 05:06 PM)

#330652 - 08/19/11 11:04 PM Re: Purple Rain Pa3x [Re: spalding1968]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Hi Guys

Stalion the guy who created the styles has made them available to download

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=64332

Now all you need is practice and a proper keyboard lol

I don't think he's using the chord sequencer as spalding says it's a well programed variation, just before he starts the solo he hits a fill button the an program change then a variation button. (very clever)

Regards

Col

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online