SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#333806 - 11/27/11 07:51 PM Tyros 4 is huge seller here,
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
I have sold more T4s in the last month than T3s in the last two years!!! The board draws a crowd every time I do a demo for someone. The back order of S910s are helping though. Have a waiting list for them.

Loving mine. Wish I could revoice Yamaha's Musicsoft DL songs and at least save them as registrations. Have to send them to Sonar as MIDI information and revoice there and re save the new (now unprotected file) with the mega voices and goodies. Also glad I saved all the T2/T3 Styles as some of the T3 styles are the same but I don't want the vocals so the same T3 file is used.

Edited by Kingfrog (11/27/11 08:10 PM)
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#333809 - 11/27/11 10:07 PM Re: Tyros 4 is huge seller here, [Re: Kingfrog]
Tony Hughes Offline

KF,

We all love our Tyros 4, but that looks like the flight deck of the Starship Enterprise, happy flying KF. You have more screens than your eyes can look at!

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#333820 - 11/28/11 06:58 AM Re: Tyros 4 is huge seller here, [Re: Kingfrog]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Tyros4 is a very big seller here, and easily outnumbering Tyros2 and Tyros3 together.

However, we must remember there is not much competition from the other companies...Roland was a big rival, and now they have stopped making mid and high end arrangers altogether.

The Korg PA series has never been a big seller in my area, and as far as I know, only 20 or so PA3X were ordered with about 15 of them spoken for...I am sure they must do much better in other parts of the world as they do make excellent, high quality arrangers.

We are back-ordered on S910's as well.

Nice studio, Kingfrog.

Ian

#333822 - 11/28/11 07:40 AM Re: Tyros 4 is huge seller here, [Re: ianmcnll]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
If the downloaded Music Soft songs are already MIDI files, you can revoice them in the keyboard using the keyboard's onboard Song Creator software.

Good Luck,

Gary 8)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#333947 - 11/30/11 10:48 PM Re: Tyros 4 is huge seller here, [Re: travlin'easy]
Kingfrog Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
If the downloaded Music Soft songs are already MIDI files, you can revoice them in the keyboard using the keyboard's onboard Song Creator software.

Good Luck,

Gary 8)

Yes but you cannot then save the revoiced Toontrack or Yamaha Song files...nor can you save them edited as registrations....Only way is to send the MIDI data to PC Sequencer. Revoice with proper voice bank numbers then save and send it back to the T4.

Unless I am missing something. I always revoice in SONG mode then go to Song Creator and attempt to save the edits......where I am me with the copyright box....

Edited by Kingfrog (11/30/11 10:50 PM)
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#333948 - 11/30/11 10:52 PM Re: Tyros 4 is huge seller here, [Re: ianmcnll]
Kingfrog Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Tyros4 is a very big seller here, and easily outnumbering Tyros2 and Tyros3 together.

However, we must remember there is not much competition from the other companies...Roland was a big rival, and now they have stopped making mid and high end arrangers altogether.

The Korg PA series has never been a big seller in my area, and as far as I know, only 20 or so PA3X were ordered with about 15 of them spoken for...I am sure they must do much better in other parts of the world as they do make excellent, high quality arrangers.

We are back-ordered on S910's as well.

Nice studio, Kingfrog.

Ian

Thanks IAN

I think the lack of 910s have helped Tyros sales. Plus we beat Internet by a lot in a brick and mortar store which is unusual. Couldn't do the same with a Motif XF.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#333970 - 12/01/11 12:33 PM Re: Tyros 4 is huge seller here, [Re: Kingfrog]
travlin'easy Offline

Originally Posted By: Kingfrog
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy

Good Luck,

Gary 8)

Yes but you cannot then save the revoiced Toontrack or Yamaha Song files...nor can you save them edited as registrations....Only way is to send the MIDI data to PC Sequencer. Revoice with proper voice bank numbers then save and send it back to the T4.

Unless I am missing something. I always revoice in SONG mode then go to Song Creator and attempt to save the edits......where I am me with the copyright box....

I haven't done this in quite some time, but if I recall it's just a matter of using the mixing console. Load the song into the keyboard, then press the mixing console button. Select the voice tab, and at the upper right corner of the display you should see Auto Revoice On/Off. Or, you can merely select the voice you wish to change by pressing the Setup button. After making the appropriate changes, press the Digital Recording button, tab to channel, select the items you wish to change, press Execute, then save the file to a new name.

I rarely use midi files these days, so most of the above information is based upon past experience with the PSR-3000. I believe, however, that this part of the OS has remained unchanged since the PSR-2000.

Good Luck,

Gary cool

#334105 - 12/04/11 10:15 AM Re: Tyros 4 is huge seller here, [Re: travlin'easy]
Kingfrog Offline

Thanks Gary. There is no revoice on the T4. I can change the voices via the mixer but when I go to Song creator to execute and save I get the "copyright" notice and as long as I don;t sump the song from memory I can play it but cannot save the revoiced version for later use. I only use them for store demos I can show the original file then the revoiced file using the SART and other far better Voices than that in the MIDI bank. For live work I just make an audio recording and we use the track and remove the piano rather than take the T4 on gigs. I guess I could do the same with in store demos just use audio files before and after.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#334124 - 12/04/11 06:38 PM Re: Tyros 4 is huge seller here, [Re: Kingfrog]
travlin'easy Offline

WOW! I never thought about the copyright issues. Someone, apparently, at Yamaha must have thought about the copyrights though.

Good Luck,

Gary cool

#334404 - 12/12/11 05:20 PM Re: Tyros 4 is huge seller here, [Re: Kingfrog]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Saaay - Tell your back-ordered s910ers that they can get a cherry-mint one in Phily with a warrentee!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online