SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#33871 - 12/27/08 04:14 PM Bug in the new OS 4.21 Midjay...AJ?
viocaia Offline

Loc: Romania/Norway
Hey Ketroners!
I know everybody is tired after Christmas but
I was really happy about new OS for Midjay.
After install...fiasco...midi via USB works like hell..it hangs notes after notes ...makes absolutly impossible to use it!A kind of strange echo and even if you send a CC or SYx you can hear sounds insted...very strange!
I thought the latency will be fix but nothing happends...BTW I didn't notice any text display problem with OS4.00...so what are this guys exactly fixing with the new one...is it a joke or something...?
Please let me know if you have the same "simptoms"
A very happy New Year...good luck Ketroners!
Vio

#33872 - 12/28/08 12:37 PM Re: Bug in the new OS 4.21 Midjay...AJ?
mario_pl Offline

Loc: Poland
The same is in OS 5.2C for Midjay Plus.

#33873 - 12/28/08 01:23 PM Re: Bug in the new OS 4.21 Midjay...AJ?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Vio,
I have none of those issues, and MIDI via USB works fine. In both playing a SMF and in CC commands.

What is your setup? And are you sure the software you are using (I assume from a PC) has midi echo turned off?

Also, what CC changes are you sending? and how are they embedded into the tracks you are sending?

Dennis

#33874 - 12/29/08 02:39 AM Re: Bug in the new OS 4.21 Midjay...AJ?
viocaia Offline

Hey!
I'm using an Acer Aspire 5720, USB2 port and Cakewalk 3 and Sonar...I've tried many others..even if I'm playing a mid file with winamp I got the same crazy behave.I put back v4.00 and is working ok...except a latency after a while...is disapearing when I refresh Midi Ports in Cakewalk.
Like I said with OS 4.21 when I'm sendind CC or PC ,even Sysex I have strange sounds in the same time, looks like notes hangs in a buffer, released by any midi event.
Of course echo off and I've tried all the combinations like Midi1 or Midi2 in Midjay.
I have many years of midi experience, I started in '94 with Roland MC50,so I know midi very well..is not about me! Haha !
Thanks anyway and A Happy New Year everybody!
Vio

#33875 - 12/29/08 01:29 PM Re: Bug in the new OS 4.21 Midjay...AJ?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Righto then, as you profess to know everything there is to know, you need no further help from me.

Good luck

#33876 - 12/29/08 04:14 PM Re: Bug in the new OS 4.21 Midjay...AJ?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
If even only 1 unit works correctly...then it is not the upgrade. Maybe something in the ugrade you have to setup differenty.

If I were you..I would crank up MIDIOX, set it up to look at all incomming data and then...you will see what's going on.

If you are a MIDI guru, you know MIDIOX?

Lee

#33877 - 12/30/08 02:34 AM Re: Bug in the new OS 4.21 Midjay...AJ?
viocaia Offline

Hey!
Easy guys...I'm not a midi "superman" I just tried to say that I know what midi is and how it works..that's why I'm so frustated , 'couse I've been checkin' and checkin...I think is maybe something with the USB MIDI driver , in Midjay OS, 'couse when I first make the conection between lap and Midjay, a new driver get installed.I have a old P3-800mhz, with USB1 port and I'll try to put it on with Midjay..maybe is something about my USB2 ports and my ACER Aspire...
Thanks guys and please don't be offended...I need your help and we have to understand each others 'couse Ketron is not listening anyway!
Vio

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online