SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >
Topic Options
#338878 - 02/06/12 05:31 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Nigel]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Nigel

And Ian is just jealous that Yamaha have nothing to even compete with it. A Micro Tyros would be an awesome product for non Yamaha users to add that technology to their setups as people have been able to do with the Korg Micro Arranger.

I'm afraid not Nigel...no envy from this guy.

Yamaha was making mini key arrangers many years ago (the PSS series), and I wasn't a fan of them back then, any more than I am enamored with the keys on the itsy bitsy teenie weenie KMA today.

As you have seen in some other posts, Tony and myself aren't the only ones who think the mini-keys are a dumb idea, but we could be the only ones having so much fun teasing our good buddy Scott about his KMA.

If you think we are being mean to our buddy, we'll stop teasing him on SZ, but we can't promise not to tease him on Skype.

Some things are just too hard to give up.

Ian

PS....In my opinion, Korg should have made the KMA as a module...it would have blown away the Roland BK-7M, in terms of sound/styles and features, as well as probably being cheaper too. As it is, the KMA, if used with a controller keyboard, would still require a double keyboard stand, just like a regular sized instrument.

#338881 - 02/06/12 06:06 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: donpatt]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
HI Don

I'm afraid not, only damper and assinable pedal.

Regards

Col

#338883 - 02/06/12 06:57 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Perhaps Ian and Tony simply suffer from Jason's affliction: eek

The micro sized keys may not be "ideal", but they certainly are
acceptably playable and even become enjoyable for those of us willing to make adaptable adjustments to
our playing style. I had to do this when learning to adapt to synthesizer keys
from a fully weighted grand piano, and later to the even smaller Yamaha Psr/Tyros sized keys.
Interestingly enough, I'm now finding adapting to the micro keys a lot easier than my initial piano key to synthesizer key transition.

The big pay off (reward) for me is the new ability to so much more conveniently and quickly
take just about anywhere (on trains and planes, up flights of stairs etc)
this mere 9.26 lb keyboard, and at a drop of a hat. cool
Both me and my audiences are impressed by the KMA's appearence and are even more impressed with the sound.
Though Ian might possibly have become interested in the KMA if it were offered as a module,
its actually the KMA's all in one piece (including both keys & speakers) approach that "won me" over. rocker

#338884 - 02/06/12 07:07 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Don't worry Scott...I was talking with Tony...Nigel is right...we'll listen to him, and we won't tease you about the KMA any more on SZ. smirk

Ian

#338886 - 02/06/12 07:24 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: ianmcnll]
Tony Hughes Offline

And I have Ian's permission to do the same. drink when I come around
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#338887 - 02/06/12 07:27 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

#338890 - 02/06/12 07:58 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Nick G]
Mockie Offline

Loc: Dublin Ireland
Originally Posted By: Nick G

My Dad has a PA 50SD and it sounds awesome. same with the KMA. for the price these things sell for its unbeleivable how good they are and what features they include!!

-Nick

Nick,

Is the Pa50SD an exact replica sound wise and feature wise as this Micro arranger ?

This keyboard sounds so professional, piano style keys, it really is a pity they did not finish the job and put normal size keys. That said, I could consider this as a second arranger mounted on top of my G70. It would give me a huge selection of styles on a gig also a great variety of good Korg sounds.

#338891 - 02/06/12 08:13 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Mockie]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
[Nick,

Is the Pa50SD an exact replica sound wise and feature wise as this Micro arranger ?
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it is.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#338892 - 02/06/12 08:13 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

The beauty of the KMA is ITS SIZE !

#338896 - 02/06/12 08:54 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Nick G]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
. . . i just stumbled on this. probably one of the best demos ive seen of the KMA. this guy is great! the only problem is for us - Hes speaking in Japanese!
Hi Nick,
I agree. clap
This is same video that won me over as well & convinced me to buy the KMA:

My Dad has a PA 50SD and it sounds awesome. same with the KMA. for the price these things sell for its unbeleivable how good they are and what features they include!!
Im a Big Korg Fan!

I still love my Tyros 4 of course, but
I've become a Big Korg Fan now too as well! keys
In fact, down the road, when funds allow it,
I may eventually add a Pa3X or Kronos too. cool

Originally Posted By: Mockie

Is the Pa50SD an exact replica sound wise and feature wise as this Micro arranger ? This keyboard sounds so professional, piano style keys, it really is a pity they did not finish the job and put normal size keys.

Hi Mockie,
The microARRANGER & Pa50SD are prety much the same in every respect, except for size & price.
If you want normal size keys, simply buy a Pa50SD. The beauty is in 'having' that choice. smile

Originally Posted By: Dnj
The beauty of the KMA is ITS SIZE !
Hi Donny:You hit the nail squarely on the head about that. rocker

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online