SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10
Topic Options
#357408 - 12/23/12 11:26 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I don't really have an issue with different sized keys... Heck, I got started on accordion as well as piano!

I guess my main problem is when I'm forced to mix and match. For me, at least, I have considerable problems playing TWO keyboards with different widths or depths. Especially when stacked, and both hands have to adjust. As long as it's just the one, most of us can adjust, but when you are constantly going from one to the other, it forces you to stare down a lot, or concentrate extra hard as you swap keyboards.

YMMV

#357488 - 12/23/12 11:58 PM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: synthola]
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Originally Posted By: synthola
As a new member to this board, I have discovered this thread a little late. However, it's nice to see other folks using these downsized boards that I have come to love! Actually, the board I play is a Korg MicroStation--and I have replaced my entire gig rig with it.

In my(cover)band, I have played for years covering bass duty (left hand) and pads/leads/rhythms (rt. hand) on boards from other arrangers (Yamaha PSR 730) to synths (Kurz K2000, Equinox, MR61, etc.). ALL were heavy and a PIA to break down at the end of the night. Now, I have all the great Korg sounds laid out and split into my necessary patches on a board that I can carry on my shoulder (I use a soft short rifle case i bought at the Army Navy store for a case!) and get this--my stand is a tripod boom mic with a KB "shelf" I fashioned--now its a tiny lightweight version of my Apex/KB/Mic stand! Love this thig--If I could attach pics I would, you wouldnt believe the small footprint. For my Jazz gigs I use a Behringer B212--small, powered, light 500watt PA --and I can carry my whole rig now, without a cart, out to the econo-car in one trip! Fantastic.

I got used to the smaller keys in a day. There's nothing to it.

Now, for a question for you guys--I am thinking of getting the Micro Arranger and dont know if I'll keep the Micro Station. Are the sound patches the same? They seemed different at the music store the other day--

Thanks in advance

Synthola

Different sound engines.

Micro arranger - triton 32mb engine/62 poly/4 efx/no combis ofcourse/better joystick (01w, triton like than m1,m3,krome like in microstation )
Microstation - newer m3 engine (still less rom-48mb if I'm not mistaken)/more efx including 5 inserts/128 poly

Microstation - what's the audience responce to the little guy on stage?are they shocked ?do you also play live sequences?

Microarrager will play songs without loading(unlike microstation ).much better sequencing because of more buttons and larger display /backing seq can be a Smf to edit later,dual seq play back (ready for the second song,play together or even do cross fades),not as compact as microstation and no editor or vst.

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online