SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
Topic Options
#339017 - 02/07/12 07:13 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Fran Carango]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

These two guys have different styles that please their audiences....

Yes they do Fran, and both are quite expressive in their playing, to my ears...witness Donny's incredible performance on the KMA, an instrument with keys the size of Chicklet's gum.

There's no doubt, to anyone with any musical sense, that it was all the hours on those terrific and expressive PSR keys that gave Donny "the expressive touch" on the KMA.

I'm hoping we will be graced(?) with an even more expressive demo by yourself (since you are so experienced, that shouldn't be a problem?)...you still have the KMA, do you not?

Ian

PS...The PSR's keys are so communicative, Gary was even able to play them expressively with bandaged fingers...that is pretty cool!

PSS..."Experience" is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake when you make it again. wink

#339022 - 02/07/12 07:27 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Tony Laurel &  Ian McHardy, Keyboard Roadies. KMA to the rescue!  grin

You were in the carriage.

Mind your elders...ha ha!

Ian

#339024 - 02/07/12 07:39 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: ianmcnll]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Ian quote
PSS..."Experience" is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake when you make it again.

I will still respond smile

The Korg is tied up...sometimes the grand-kids need something to play with.... smile

Both Donny and Gary will tell you, their expressiveness comes from their vocals..they claim to be "singers" first..

and I think you do not understand expressive, in music terms smile

Edited by Fran Carango (02/07/12 07:42 AM)

#339025 - 02/07/12 07:39 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

I say a good player can play on any keybed....I just adapt to whatever is under my fingers....keyfeel is not a biggie for me, never was...I feel just as comfortable playing my old B3, Rhodes, G70, as I am the KMA or my Galante Accordion...you can have the so called best keys on in the world, it's what is played on them & what it sounds like is much more important.

#339029 - 02/07/12 07:52 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Fran Carango]
ianmcnll Offline

The Korg is tied up...sometimes the grand-kids need something to play with.... smile

and I think you do not understand expressive, in music terms smile

You don't let them use that old G-70? They'll develop very bad technique on a mini-keyboard...don't you care about their future expressiveness?

I understand "expressive" in music terms very well, thank you.

That's why I refuse to play on small keys (they work well for some, but not me)...that's also why I use a Tyros4...the MOST expressive arranger made, in my opinion, of course. grin

Ian

PS...T'would be nice to hear just how expressively you play the KMA...but, we won't get our hopes up. wink

I doubt if Donny's demo can be equaled.

#339045 - 02/07/12 10:19 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: ianmcnll]
Fran Carango Offline

Ian quote
PS...T'would be nice to hear just how expressively you play the KMA...but, we won't get our hopes up.

Here Ian..I just played by the seat of my pants....dang these little keys.. smile

And no, I am not trying to compete with any individual...we are all different players...

This Korg Micro is far from being awlful wink

Attachments
Dr000103.zip (76 downloads)

#339046 - 02/07/12 10:30 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Fran...

Never mind...I got it okay.

Ian

Edited by ianmcnll (02/07/12 10:35 AM)

#339049 - 02/07/12 10:54 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Ian quote
PS...T'would be nice to hear just how expressively you play the KMA...but, we won't get our hopes up.

Here Ian..I just played by the seat of my pants....dang these little keys.. smile

And no, I am not trying to compete with any individual...we are all different players...

This Korg Micro is far from being awlful wink

File Corrupted?

#339050 - 02/07/12 10:58 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Nope...downloaded fine for me...and opened perfectly.

Ian

#339051 - 02/07/12 11:03 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Scottyee]
Fran Carango Offline

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online