SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#344441 - 05/05/12 03:28 PM Re: Modulation wheel problem [Re: RMepstead]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Thanks Harry. I doubt that Roger would assign modulation to a foot pedal. And, if the modulation wheel is all the way forward (turned off) it shouldn't matter what setting is used for the controller effect. Maybe it's a language translation thing . . . It doesn't hurt to try though.

On the other hand, if the pot is bad such that the slider is not making good contact it would act like Bill said above. It should be easy for the technician to check these things.

Edited by Bob Hendershot (05/05/12 03:30 PM)

#344448 - 05/06/12 01:33 AM Re: Modulation wheel problem [Re: RMepstead]
HarryG Offline

Loc: Germany
Hello Bob,

I also think that Roger is not the modulation puts a foot pedal. My experience is that the problem usually occurs when the rear jack
is bad.
By changing the effect can resolve the problem temporarily. If possible, a service can be made.

Edited by HarryG (05/06/12 01:34 AM)

#344450 - 05/06/12 04:30 AM Re: Modulation wheel problem [Re: HarryG]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
The MODULATION effect cannot be assigned to a Foot Pedal so Roger's problem is not a 'rear jack' socket.......

I have looked at the KN7000 Service Manual and the Modulation Control has no connections to a rear jack - it just connects directly to one of the Integrated Circuits, via internal wiring.

#344460 - 05/06/12 12:42 PM Re: Modulation wheel problem [Re: RMepstead]
HarryG Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi Bill,

it is correct what you write. I have therefore also addressed the second Opportunity. "Sound Edit".
Look again at page 176 of the manual.
Perhaps there lies the problem. You have to try to locate the problem.

#344465 - 05/06/12 02:48 PM Re: Modulation wheel problem [Re: HarryG]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
If, as it appears, the problem is related to faulty hardware, then any attempt to fix it with a software solution, is just not practical, because every time you change a Panel Memory or load a new set-up from SD Card or Floppy Disk, the fault will return. The only practical solution is to have a Technician investigate the hardware - i.e. the Modulation Potentiometer and its associated wiring, which I understand is the action Roger is taking.

#344472 - 05/07/12 01:48 AM Re: Modulation wheel problem [Re: RMepstead]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Yes thanks Harry - I've been through all of that. I gig a lot and transporting the keyboard around along with a lot of other gear has probably caused damage to the modulation wheel potentiometer... A piece of bent business card stuck in the side of the wheel is presently solving the problem short term!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online