SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#345326 - 06/03/12 11:05 AM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
Is anybody learning anything NEW?

Anyway, Roscoe taught me That's All That Matters, long before it was famous. Mickey Gilly did a wonderful job on it, but I believe Roscoe AND my late friend HankB did it better.
DonM

How about you share YOUR version with us, Don ?!? ... rocker

Edited by tony mads usa (06/03/12 11:05 AM)

#345338 - 06/03/12 06:53 PM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: DonM]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: DonM
Is anybody learning anything NEW?
DonM

My wife and I just learned "I Need to Know" by Marc Anthony. Thats "sort of new" smile

Also we're going to learn a new Brazilian song called "Ai se eu te Pago". Our friend Telmo turned us unto the song. if you don't believe an accordionist can achieve rock star status, you need to check out the video!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#345347 - 06/04/12 10:37 AM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: montunoman]
montunoman Offline

OMG- I thought "I need to know " was just a couple years old. I just looked it up and it was released in 1999. Seems like yesterday....

#345350 - 06/04/12 12:20 PM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: montunoman]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
El Cumbanchero was a tough one that I learned about 6 months ago. I get requests for this one all the time, now. It took about two weeks to learn the lyrics in Latin. Here's a good rendition of the song I found.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#345352 - 06/04/12 12:52 PM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: travlin'easy]
montunoman Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
El Cumbanchero was a tough one that I learned about 6 months ago. I get requests for this one all the time, now. It took about two weeks to learn the lyrics in Latin. Here's a good rendition of the song I found.

Gary cool

I think I could sing it in Spanish but Latin would be even harder smile

#345354 - 06/04/12 01:31 PM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: montunoman]
124 Offline

For "new" we've been doing Adele's version of the not so new Bob Dylan song, "To Make You Feel My Love". Just doing it solo piano to start then bringing in some warm pad sounds to build a bit towards the end. It's one of the few songs we leave fairly 'naked' without any vocal harmony. Makes a nice sonic lull and quiet spot in the program.

#345357 - 06/04/12 03:02 PM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: montunoman]
travlin'easy Offline

Originally Posted By: montunoman

Gary cool

I think I could sing it in Spanish but Latin would be even harder smile

smile Obviously, I meant to say Spanish. I often wondered, though, why Latin Music is not called Spanish Music. And, of course, if the song is Brazilian, which is referred to as Latin American, why is it sang in Portuguese, which to me is a lot more difficult than Spanish. But then, in American we sing in British, don't we? wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

#345360 - 06/04/12 03:59 PM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: montunoman]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I appreciate the traditional Spanish version of El Cumbachero by Puerto Rican composer Rafael Hernandez Marin, yet interestingly enough, another rendition I also like is the rock guitar version that Finnish band, Topi Sorsakosiki & the Agents did back in 1984. Thanks to my Synthzone finnish buddy Heikki (aka: the Wolf) for introducing me to this band and Finnish Iskelma music in general.

#345365 - 06/04/12 07:48 PM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: montunoman]
travlin'easy Offline

Neat! Kinda' sounds like a Ventures version.

Thanks Scott,

Gary cool

#345371 - 06/05/12 08:16 AM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
The toughest one lately is Al-Di-La, singing it in Italian. Also trying out a new slant on September In The Rain, a neat version by Marty Robbins.
Gary

Gary ... here is a version of Al Di La I just put together that might help you with the pronunciation ... An friend of mine from Italy finds it 'interesting' that I sing Italian with an American accent ... grin

http://soundcloud.com/tony-mads-usa/al-di-la-for-gary-6-5-12

I 'assume' you have the Italian lyrics to work with ... If not let me know and I will e-mail them to you ...
Buona Fortuna amico mio,

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online