SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#345644 - 06/13/12 11:27 AM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: travlin'easy]
Tony Hughes Offline

Scott,

Sounds like somene playing with the pitch wheel in a few parts of the backing.

Tony there is something going on there, why not post the backing and lets hear it without your voice, be interesting.

Tony

#345649 - 06/13/12 12:59 PM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: tony mads usa]
TheWolf Offline

Loc: Finland

Alrite anyone who doesn't hear that from 2:30->3:03 the bass is completely out of key, should not be performing publicly. It sounds terrible. Other than that a decent performance and good vocals, but there's a real problem with the backing. It seems to be transposed too low there for a bit, then at 3:03 comes right back on.

Hey I don't mean to be mean or anything but these kinda things need to be taken care of, you can't underestimate your audience (even if most wouldn't notice what's happening, might just think "it sounds a bit weird" but say nothing of it)

Another tip for midi/smf users, if you gotta use them, spend a good hour tweaking the balance & effects. A little volume adjustment for the different instrument channels and reverb/delay effects can make these midis bearable.

#345650 - 06/13/12 02:27 PM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: TheWolf]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Tony, no nitpicking here, I like it. Bottom line – would I pay to hear you sing this song with the same background? Yes I would.

Good job Tony, John C.

#345655 - 06/13/12 03:13 PM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: bruno123]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I appreciate all the comments, guys, and will be going through this midi file very carefully ...

John ... thank you ... but if there is something wrong with the file, I certainly want to fix it ... fact is I was doing some work on this file just prior to recording it so it IS possible I screwed it up and didn't realize it ... redface

#345665 - 06/13/12 06:16 PM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: montunoman]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I got the midi file from Tony, and put it in my keyboard, and yes, I could hear the bass problems Scott mentioned. Couldn't hear them on my tiny laptop speakers, though, probably because you cannot hear much of anything very well on a tiny laptop. Being somewhat deaf may also have a bearing on my inability to hear those pencil-eraser sized speakers too. On my desktop's sound system the defective segment is definitely there.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#345667 - 06/13/12 10:22 PM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: bruno123]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: bruno123
Tony, no nitpicking here, I like it. Bottom line – would I pay to hear you sing this song with the same background? Yes I would.

Good job Tony, John C.

John sorry to say your ears have gone too, never mind at least Gary knows his are shot to pieces
Queen and Country in the war, not certain which war, 1st and 2nd..heeeeeeeeee rotf2
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#345668 - 06/13/12 10:30 PM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: montunoman]
Tony Hughes Offline

Gary,

I think it's OK for someone who is deaf to sing and play an arranger to people who are deaf, it appears to be working

party

#345684 - 06/14/12 02:10 PM Re: What was the last song you learned? What's next? [Re: Scottyee]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I didn't notice when listening through the speakers on my iphone but I heard it right away when I put my head phones on. Anyways, nice vocals Tony. I'd love to hear with it with a style or a better SMF. I had preety good luck with some SMF that I bought from d-o-o. They seem to be able to optimize them to best suit your keyboard. Well worth the price.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online