SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#352290 - 10/07/12 06:06 AM Audya 4 questions ...
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Hello, I currently use and love the Midjay Plus (and before that the Midjay). I am thinking about the Audya 4 ... Would it be that much (a couple thousand $ worth) of an upgrade? Is there much difference in the OS compared to the MJ+? Would you say that the required learning curve may be reasonable in light of my familiarity with the MJ+ (I still haven't got the hang of my SD1 Plus) and are the OS's in any way related? Is it possible to EQ each audio input separately and thereby forego the need for a mixer? Thanks.
Ciao,
Jerry

#352292 - 10/07/12 07:12 AM Re: Audya 4 questions ... [Re: Jerry T]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Jerry T
Hello, I currently use and love the Midjay Plus (and before that the Midjay). I am thinking about the Audya 4 ... Would it be that much (a couple thousand $ worth) of an upgrade? Is there much difference in the OS compared to the MJ+? Would you say that the required learning curve may be reasonable in light of my familiarity with the MJ+ (I still haven't got the hang of my SD1 Plus) and are the OS's in any way related? Is it possible to EQ each audio input separately and thereby forego the need for a mixer? Thanks.
Ciao,
Jerry

Good luck jerry wise choice.....with the Audya 4.....

see you at the SMN dinner next week?

#352295 - 10/07/12 08:20 AM Re: Audya 4 questions ... [Re: Jerry T]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: Jerry T
Ciao,
Jerry

Hi Jerry, The only downside I can think of is size and weight. The Audya module is much larger and heavier than Midjay.
The Operating System is similar to Midjay, but advanced a little. You will have no problem with it.
I don't recall whether the audio inputs can be e.q.d on board, but there is excellent e.q. and effects for overall.
The vocal processor and harmonizer alone are worth the price of the update to me. In addition you will get the audio styles, a world of programmable buttons and features, multiple fills and breaks, and much more.
DonM

#352298 - 10/07/12 08:28 AM Re: Audya 4 questions ... [Re: Jerry T]
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Hey Jerry,

My one regret: I had one and sold it! Thinking seriously abt another one. It is an excellent match for accordions, great control via footpedals either the 6 function or 13 function. Most of all, the sounds will blow you away!

I know Ketron has updated many styles from earlier models for the A4 so there are lots of choices.

Good Luck,
Don P

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online