SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#356344 - 12/10/12 06:28 PM Playing in public
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
G'day,
I had my first taste of playing to a crowd last week. The "asylum"
where we live had a Christmas Dinner and I offered to play some suitable sounds for the occasion.
WELL!!First problem was inmates wanting to have a conversation with me when they were halfway up the stairs. Next! A neighbour thought she would help me by putting her hands over my music.Then others thought I might enjoy their company standing directly in front and conversing with me.
I thought I fended them all with skill, but the final straw was three guests approached at different times and offered me a plate of chips mid-song.
Quite a debut performance but I now consider myself fully experienced. Oh! and the KN7 knocked their socks off.
Anyone had similar events that I may need to counter next time?
Ray

#356364 - 12/11/12 01:33 AM Re: Playing in public [Re: The Saint]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
We behave a little better here in the UK...Ray...chuckle...

#356411 - 12/11/12 11:01 AM Re: Playing in public [Re: RMepstead]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I am always amazed at how many people will try to talk with you while you are playing... and then there are the ones who ask if you have such and such a song in there pointing to the keyboard... I always say "no I have to have it here and here" pointing to my head and my hands smile

#356416 - 12/11/12 11:13 AM Re: Playing in public [Re: The Saint]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Doesn't that irk you? Musicians just can't no respect.

#356529 - 12/12/12 03:53 PM Re: Playing in public [Re: The Saint]
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
Playing yesterday for a bunch of oldies, an old guy came up while I was playing and said "Can you play while I am talking to you?" I said "NO". He replied "Oh, my brother can" and went on telling me how clever his brother was etc etc etc until I told him to sod off. Cheers Jean.

#356537 - 12/12/12 09:03 PM Re: Playing in public [Re: Jean Olivia]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Jean Olivia
Playing yesterday for a bunch of oldies, an old guy came up while I was playing and said "Can you play while I am talking to you?" I said "NO". He replied "Oh, my brother can" and went on telling me how clever his brother was etc etc etc until I told him to sod off. Cheers Jean.

Go Jean rocker What a jerk.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online