SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#358802 - 01/15/13 06:36 PM We have GOT TO listen ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... to what doctors and our bodies are saying to us ... I just spent the last few days at a funeral for a 64 year old (young!!!) cousin ... he was told some time ago that he needed a liver transplant ... kept saying he wasn't ready for it yet ... got sick enough that he had to be hospitalized ... as they were making preparations for the transplant he came down with an infection ... they thought when the infection cleared they would perform the transplant ... they couldn't clear the infection, it got worse, his body shut down, he is gone ... what might have been had he listened a few years ago ???

#358838 - 01/16/13 12:42 PM Re: We have GOT TO listen ... [Re: tony mads usa]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
You're so right, Tony. for years, I acted like I was invincible...staying up for days at a time...working three jobs....partying like there was no tomorrow.

The last few years have been rough; probably because of the way I abused the old "bod" in the past.

High blood pressure and serious damage to my left hand are constant challenges now. And, recently, I have been dealing with the damage from a partially frozen lung from my days as a youngster in Alaska. For a month I have been on anti-inflammatory meds (Celebrex) and steroids for the resulting chest inflammation.

Today, I lost a set of keys and went all over town looking for them (found them at a bank I had stopped at this morning), so the memory is starting to go a little.

My take away is, make sure you don't "burn bridges". Appreciate the things and people you have.

And, most of all, BE GOOD EACH OTHER!

My best to all,

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (01/16/13 12:44 PM)

#359684 - 01/27/13 03:17 PM Re: We have GOT TO listen ... [Re: captain Russ]
SpclEd Offline

Loc: South Central USA
"If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of my body"... I don't remember where I heard this but to me it's fitting. bow

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online